Thread: Body odor page

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

Anyone else besides me have dramatically lessened body odor since going primal? Is it because of less fiber rotting in the intestines or less sugar? I've also noticed that mosquitos and flies don't come at me as much anymore.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

soror is offline Senior Member

I think I had definite bo reduction just in going to a more and more natural diet and certainly getting out gluten and other grains as well. Most days I don't notice any odor and it is certainly not as profuse as before.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

Griff is offline Senior Member

Mosquitoes and flies are also repelled by the smell of one of the B vitamins (I forget which) and most of us are eating more meat and eggs and thus getting more B vitamins than we used to, so that might explain that part of this phenomenon.

And yes, my B.O. has much reduced since I got past the first few weeks of intense ketosis. (Let's not talk about those first few weeks though!)

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

nina_70 Guest

Agreed...nice reduction in BO *after* the initital ketosis phase. Noticed it in both hubby & myself.

Del Mar Mel Guest

I am coming into this from a raw foods background. I definitely noticed basically no BO on raw foods. I just assume it has to do with having a very clean diet. Considering that sweat and BO is one of the ways the body lets off heat and releases toxins it makes sense that when we are not ingesting all the chemical garbage we ought to be much cleaner. I dropped the aluminum containing antiperspirants and moved to an all natural product.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

I haven't used anti perspirants or deodorants or shampoo, just a water shower everyday. No B-O unless it's at the end of the day and after a heavy workout, and I just wash off afterwards and no smell anymore.

Man, when I was eating grains and sugar, I would stink unless I put on some deodorant. My roommate uses some kind of perfume cologne mix every morning and it makes me gag.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

What? I actually began to.. smell.. during what I presume to be ketosis.

Other than this strange new smell, apparently coming out of my nose, I had never had a problem with body odor before.

And that's fortunate because I'm very allergic to fragrances - one sniff and I have the worst headache ever.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

go_ginger_go Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hmmm. I actually stink more.