Thread: Eating Oils while doing IF (Intermittant Fasting)? page

camel is offline Senior Member

Eating Oils while doing IF (Intermittant Fasting)?

I've been trying IF for a couple days a week, just 16 hours or so. If I get really hungry in the middle I have a Tablespoon of coconut oil dissolved in a glass of warm water with a little lemon juice and cinamon. Or taking fish oil.

Is that still considered IF? Or am I hindering any benefits? I've been searching and reading but I can't find an answer to this question. Thanks!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    It basically pauses the fast for the length of time it takes the body to use the calories. Not something to lose sleep over. For me, though, a big part of IF is actually learning to hear the hunger, but choose not to listen to it. While the physical results won't suffer much, for me, the mental/spiritual results would. YMMV.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I think it's not a bad idea to do it when you are first starting out. If you are doing it a couple days per week (the IF that is) try on the second day to have your concoction later in the fast or not at all. Phase it out.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Bramblepelt is offline Junior Member
    You could also time your fasts so that the second half is while you're sleeping, couldn't you? So eat at 5pm, nothing else at night, sleep, and then eat a late breakfast.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I've been trying IF for a couple days a week, just 16 hours or so. If I get really hungry in the middle I have a Tablespoon of coconut oil dissolved in a glass of warm water with a little lemon juice and cinamon. Or taking fish oil.

Is that still considered IF? Or am I hindering any benefits? I've been searching and reading but I can't find an answer to this question. Thanks!
    I did this too, when I first started out. I think it's fine and if it helps you , go for it. It just means your body will burn a tiny bit less body fat (your body doesn't know the difference between body fat & food fat.). All the other IF benefits will happen.

Great IF info in this thread:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html

camel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks all for your input!