Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate Dairy For Fat Loss? page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Eliminate Dairy For Fat Loss?

Primal Fuel
    Ive hit a plateau. I currently take in appx. 40g of carbs a day. I am 6ft. and 180lbs right now and am really liking the way that I look and feel but of course, I want to get LEANER! I eat alot of butter, cheese, and whole milk. Will eliminating dairy kick start my fat loss?? I don't eat any nuts right now and my diet consists of coconut milk, coconut oil, carsons cod liver oil, organ meats, beef, poultry, fish, avocados, whey protein, diet soda, jack daniels, red wine, eggs, pork cracklins, and minimal fibrous veggies. and of course the dairy. Any ideas? I am primally active- heavy lifts, sprints, circuits. Thanks.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I think you might see more imporvement from taking out the Jack & Coke (even if it is diet). Also, I got leaner and more muscular when I started eating leangains style. I eat tons of potatoes and lean meat postworkout and eat primal all the other times.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I'd say try cutting the milk first, as it's got the highest carb count. See what happens.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Carb refeeds once or twice a week, done. Go find ChocoTaco's journal and find a really good write up about it on the last few pages, also a way to do it, basically eat nothing but chicken breast and sweet potatoes once or twice a week. It's actually not as tasteless as that might make it sound. I made some pico de gallo (finely chopped onions and tomatoes with lime juice and some cilantro) and topped off the chicken that way. It was actually super enjoyable and does actually help you lean out by raisin leptin, the hormone that signals for fat release (insulin signals fat storage). Go find his thread he explains it well.

Timmay1320 is offline Junior Member
    Stop with drinking diet Soda, or ANY Soda.

Diet Soda is arguably even worse for people.

Why? Because even thought they do not have any calories, they still have something in them that produces an insulin response, which we all know is exactly what we want to keep limited.

So, try only drinking water, once I stopped drinking my calories, I started to gradually lose weight, and this was about 2 years before I found out about The Primal Blueprint!

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Cut the whole milk and the diet soda and you'll find you lean out like crazy. Also make a serious effort to walk for a half hour or hour a day that does great at kicking me over a plateau.

And def keep us posted as to what you do and how well it works!

Thanks for the great feedback. I think that I am going to look into the carb cycling. I don't drink any of my calories except for the OCCASIONAL jack daniels or glass of wine. i am going to eliminate the diet coke as well. mind you, up until now i have transformed my body very nicely. from 196lbs down to 180lbs at 6ft tall. i just feel that i have hit a plateau and would like to work through it. thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by likwidoxigen View Post
    Cut the whole milk and the diet soda and you'll find you lean out like crazy. Also make a serious effort to walk for a half hour or hour a day that does great at kicking me over a plateau.

And def keep us posted as to what you do and how well it works!
    Thank you so much. I get plenty of good excercise so I am going to kick the milk and diet coke. =))

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Thank you so much. I get plenty of good excercise so I am going to kick the milk and diet coke. =))
    Sounds great! I'm jealous you get to be so active! I work a computer job so I'm stuck behind a desk for 8 hours a day. I love the work but it would be nice to be more active.

MichaelH is offline Member
    Gunslinger, I'm in a similar situation to you - not fat, but would like to lean up more. I don't consume THAT much dairy, though I was putting a massive amount of cream in my daily cup of coffee (after all, at Starbucks the cream is free).

So I'm going to cut out the dairy. In addition, I'm going to cut out my morning smoothies (coconut milk, berries, coconut oil, and a little bit of protein powder). I heard on Robb Wolf's podcast that anyone who is seeking to become more lean has no business drinking calories, and that made sense to me.

Also, I'm finally deviating from my habit of eating all throughout the day (as opposed to eating actual meals), which I used to think was necessary when I fueled myself on carbs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast