Hi, everyone. I am a 29-year-old newbie to the Primal Blueprint life; in fact, I'm still working my way through the book, but I couldn't wait to get started.

I actually stumbled on this because my doctor recommended limiting my carb intake to 20 percent or less of my daily calories. He's a German endocrinologist (I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, a hypothyroid autoimmune disorder), and I thought it was unusual for a doc to recommend that. So, my research led me here.

I am intrigued to see how this will help my autoimmune disorder. Once you have one autoimmune disorder, you are more likely to develop others. I don't want any more. So, if PB can help there, it's worth no beer and bread for life!

I also have quite a bit of weight to lose, thanks to bad college habits and that pesky hypothyroid. Initially, my goal is to lose about 75 pounds. After that, I'll see where my lean muscle mass vs. fat is, and I'll fine-tune. I am a true mesomorph, and I add muscle quite quickly for a woman. At last measurement, I had about 125 pounds of LBM. Of course, that is currently covered by a thick layer of lard. :P My goal is to get to about 20 percent bodyfat.

In the short term, my birthday is July 9, and I'd love for my birthday present to myself to be -10 pounds. Or more!!

So, I hope you will comment on my progress and my eating. I'm notorious about forgetting journals, but I will do my best to post daily.