Thread: RHC's Primal Life page

RHC
    RHC is offline Junior Member

RHC's Primal Life

Shop Now
    Hi, everyone. I am a 29-year-old newbie to the Primal Blueprint life; in fact, I'm still working my way through the book, but I couldn't wait to get started.

I actually stumbled on this because my doctor recommended limiting my carb intake to 20 percent or less of my daily calories. He's a German endocrinologist (I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, a hypothyroid autoimmune disorder), and I thought it was unusual for a doc to recommend that. So, my research led me here.

I am intrigued to see how this will help my autoimmune disorder. Once you have one autoimmune disorder, you are more likely to develop others. I don't want any more. So, if PB can help there, it's worth no beer and bread for life!

I also have quite a bit of weight to lose, thanks to bad college habits and that pesky hypothyroid. Initially, my goal is to lose about 75 pounds. After that, I'll see where my lean muscle mass vs. fat is, and I'll fine-tune. I am a true mesomorph, and I add muscle quite quickly for a woman. At last measurement, I had about 125 pounds of LBM. Of course, that is currently covered by a thick layer of lard. :P My goal is to get to about 20 percent bodyfat.

In the short term, my birthday is July 9, and I'd love for my birthday present to myself to be -10 pounds. Or more!!

So, I hope you will comment on my progress and my eating. I'm notorious about forgetting journals, but I will do my best to post daily.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Wellcome!

Post your menus, stats, and average exercise regime and you'll get lots of input from the crowd
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

RHC

Stats

Oh, I totally forgot to post my stats!

I'm 5'8", 240 pounds at last weigh-in (13 May). Yeah, it's bad.

Goal weight: 165, then see where I am.

I'll post food intake at the end of the day.

RHC
    Ok....food for day:

Morning start: Chai tea with whole milk. About 6 oz. milk.

11 a.m.: 2 natural bratwurst, grilled; sauerkraut; plum

4 p.m.: Burger King double cheeseburger without bread, 6 oz. Coke (bad, I know)

7 p.m.: Leftover Chinese shrimp, cabbage-meat roll...had to finish the food in the fridge. One spoon of chocolate ice cream. I stopped!

9 p.m.: Bowl of fresh strawberries

I think I need more fat, as I am still hungry at 10:30 p.m. Or maybe more fat later in the day? Or maybe I shouldn't have had the strawberries?

RHC
    Tuesday:

Whew...it's been a day. My daughter (3 y.o.) has Norwalk virus, so we've been staying very close to home today. What an unpleasant virus!! Anyway....

0930 (I use 24-hour time): 3 whole eggs, handful of fresh strawberries

1300: 2 bratwurst (natural), sauerkraut, 1 piece dark chocolate with hazelnut in it

1600: Chai tea with cream, not milk. It's a lot thicker than I'm used to, but I think I can used to it. Also, 7 pecans.

I'll update this with the rest of the day, but the plan is steak and some sort of veggie for dinner, then, later, a run.

ETA:
    1900: Broiled porterhouse steak (yum yum) with broiled summer squash for dinner. 1500 mL water for day. No run, because I apparently caught daughter's virus. Ugh.
    Last edited by RHC; 05-17-2011 at 02:22 PM.

RHC
    I wanted to add: I felt pretty good today, despite lack-of-caffeine-based headache and the virus. And I wasn't nearly as hungry as yesterday. Which is good!

RHC
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a few days. Things have been crazy IRL. The kids have been sick....ugh....and then there was work...and school....

Anyway, I haven't been as good as I'd like on Primal eating. But I am not giving up.

So, today:

1000: 6 oz cream, 1 oz water, 3 oz chai concentrate. Yum. Caffeine.
    1100: Breakfast....3 eggs, 3 pieces bacon, 1 small bowl strawberries