Thread: Dairy & Nuts page

twinklebree is offline Junior Member

Dairy & Nuts

Primal Fuel
    I keep hearing that if I want to lose weight I need to drop the fruit, dairy, & nuts. I understand the fruit because it's straight carbs but why nuts & dairy?
    Survival of the Fittest!

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Nuts: high in omega 6's (which increase inflammation), are full of carbs, and highly concentrated calories.

Dairy: is insulinogenic, if it's not grassfed/organic it's full of pesticides and hormones, again high sugar/carb content and concentrated calories (but Fage is SO good!)

Fruit is fructose in a convenient package.

I've given up all three and don't miss them much at all... I miss dairy for the convenience, but I'm finding some raw/grassfed/organic cheese (for when I finish my whole 30) and lots of coconut products to use in cooking, etc.

I haven't noticed any weight loss, but I've noticed my gut is happier without dairy.

jloman730 is offline Junior Member
    It's very easy to eat too many nuts and they do add up in terms of calories. For some it also leads to carb cravings which can be bad!

I haven't yet given up dairy but I can tell it doesn't make me feel too good when I have it in my coffee so I'm going to try going without it soon...

DSR84 is offline Member
    I dunno, I've noticed when tracking my intake that it was really hard to get out of the "sweet spot" while still eating nuts and dairy. I guess that it is possible to go overboard, but I've found that it's really hard. Nut and dairy intake hasn't really affected my weight loss or health that much, but I might just be lucky. I started seeing better gains when cutting back on fruit, though, but even then I haven't cut them completely.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I don't have dairy, but it is just due to a pretty bad lactose intolerance. In my opinion, they are all ok in moderation, unless your body has specific problems with anything, like me with dairy.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

twinklebree is offline Junior Member
    I had all three in moderation & meticulously measured out in my meal plan ... 1oz cheese * 1oz nuts * 70g carbs total per day as part of a 1350 calories meal plan. When I asked on this forum for help/suggestions why I wasn't losing people attacked the fruit, dairy, & nuts even though they were in moderation & Mark's Carb Curev says 50-100g of carbs is "effortless" weight loss. So I was just curious what I didn't know about dairy & nuts that caused the very strong adversity to me having small amounts of fruit, dairy, & nuts in my plan...
    Survival of the Fittest!

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jloman730 View Post
    It's very easy to eat too many nuts and they do add up in terms of calories. For some it also leads to carb cravings which can be bad!

I haven't yet given up dairy but I can tell it doesn't make me feel too good when I have it in my coffee so I'm going to try going without it soon...
    What kind of dairy do you use in your coffee? Are you using organic, grassfed whole cream (usually labeled whipping cream)?