Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st carb cycle page

eira is offline Member

1st carb cycle

Primal Fuel
    wowowowwowoow i can't focus!!!!!!!
    i'm doing my first carb cycle since going primal (2 months)
    i've eaten around 200 carbs so far today and my mind is all over the place! i've eaten a bit of rice ( not primal i know) a banana, and a few small yams on top of some chicken...

i was wondering if any of you have noted similar experiences on high carb days? could it be the higher blood sugar?

i feel like i'm walking around in a dream...
    thanks

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    I did this yesterday. Lots of white rice, 2 sweet potatoes, some grapes, and a banana. I didn't sleep last night (not really unusual) because I felt a little too "wired" (unusual). I feel like crap today. It could be allergies/congestion in my ears that's making me feel dizzy/nauseous. I do hope that's what it is.

eira is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    I did this yesterday. Lots of white rice, 2 sweet potatoes, some grapes, and a banana. I didn't sleep last night (not really unusual) because I felt a little too "wired" (unusual). I feel like crap today. It could be allergies/congestion in my ears that's making me feel dizzy/nauseous. I do hope that's what it is.
    I had trouble sleeping too, but woke up today feeling much smaller than i have in a long time! my waist was at 27" instead of its normal 29"?
    got rid of a lot of bloat i guess....

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure a "bit of rice", a banana and some yams are 200g of carbs that you ate? I just had almost 1kg in combined sweet potatoes and red potatoes and I have just a bit over 200g for my lunch today.

Quote Originally Posted by eira View Post
    I had trouble sleeping too, but woke up today feeling much smaller than i have in a long time! my waist was at 27" instead of its normal 29"?
    got rid of a lot of bloat i guess....
    I was totally bloated yesterday - HUGE. Feels better today, but not feeling particularly slim. I haven't measured, but we'll see if my jeans feel any looser today.

There may be something to this. I just slipped right into my fresh-from-the-dryer jeans. Usually I have to suck in a bit to get them buttoned, then they loosen up throughout the day. No struggling this morning. Cool.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

I tried carb cycling a couple of times and while it does work, I felt like crap for a day and a half.

IFing and eating one meal a day seems to be working better for me. Less to think about as well. Apparently, IF doesn't result in the same drop in leptin that "regular" vlc eating does--and I didn't read this until recently.

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member
    Okay, II am interested in the carb cycling to break through a fat loss plateau. Help a brother out! Is it every fourth day you add 200 grams of carbs? I am very, very low carb right now, probably 40 g max a day. Will the IFing with one meal per day yield the same results??

Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Okay, II am interested in the carb cycling to break through a fat loss plateau. Help a brother out! Is it every fourth day you add 200 grams of carbs? I am very, very low carb right now, probably 40 g max a day. Will the IFing with one meal per day yield the same results??
    Check out this thread for some info:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29812.html
    I think I'm going to try it once a week.

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    Check out this thread for some info:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29812.html
    I think I'm going to try it once a week.
    Thanks!! =))

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast