Thread: Grass fed products contaminated by GMO at processing plant page

mwok86 is offline Senior Member

Grass fed products contaminated by GMO at processing plant

Shop Now
    According to this link Blogger Alleges GMOs in US Wellness Meats Grass-Fed Beef | CHEESESLAVE
    most non-big-ag processors use GMO corn-derived lactic acid to spray the carcasses to stop e.coli. Bigger processors use ammonia. Export products to the EU uses hot water only because the EU has banned GMO. Using hot water kills 80% of the e.coli bacteria while using ammonia and lactic acid only kill upto 30%.

It's like nutella where the US version has partially hydrogenated oils and the EU version does not.

So basically, any grass fed meat you buy in the US has GMO corn derived lactic acid sprayed all over it. GMO Corn is everywhere.

Also, since GMO alfalfa is now approved I guess at some point in the future, all grass fed cattle will be actually feeding on GMO grass when the fields have been contaminated due to cross pollination (I doubt anyone is going to expensive on-going tests on these pasture lands).

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwok86 View Post
    Also, since GMO alfalfa is now approved I guess at some point in the future, all grass fed cattle will be actually feeding on GMO grass when the fields have been contaminated due to cross pollination (I doubt anyone is going to expensive on-going tests on these pasture lands).
    Which is why I fought so hard to stop it
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

I guess the developers of GMO alfalfa version 1 are going to market it real cheap to the farmers to make them switch and when 90% of farmers start using it, then they can charge an arm and a leg and their own terms with version 2. And when farmers try to switch back, they go after them with litigation thanks to cross contamination.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    But what gets me is how then can they label what is now labeled organic grassfed beef organic? I wonder if we`ll lose the organic part and just have it as grassfed?
    I dislike Monsanto so badly
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't suppose it's actually a health issue. Lactic acid is lactic acid whether or not it comes from GMO corn or not, but the point seems to be that it could easily become a health issue if businesses keep using whatever the heck they want without mind to what the customer might find desirable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!