Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIBRAM FIVE FINGERS which to buy? page 3

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    They can get funky and if you don't want to toss them in the washer then a bucket with water and a couple of polident denture cleaning tablets will work wonders. Pro tip. That is all. Carry on.

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    They can get funky and if you don't want to toss them in the washer then a bucket with water and a couple of polident denture cleaning tablets will work wonders. Pro tip. That is all. Carry on.
    Who knew
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

bushmanwannabe is offline Junior Member
    I would say that work on walking and running completely barefoot first before purchasing any VFFs. This will definitely help with a "softer" touch, and proper walking and running form. You don't necessarily need any shoes to go hiking or running on trails. That being said, I have a pair of sprints that I wear when I have to run in a gym or on a new trail. They definitely don't feel "real" barefoot, but are nice.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    yup yup...they sure are stinky.... going to use a little funk rock from RockinGreen -to bounce out the stink... I'll soak em for an hr in warm water then run a wash in warm water w/RockinGreen laundry soap.

Funk Rock knocks the sweat/work out stink out of under armor and like workout clothes w/o any heavy lifting

As for which VFF to get I've got a pair of bilkas for my runs and I just picked up some Jayas for kicking around the house and yard on the weekends

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    i just bought a pair too, so happy to hear about the info!!

I bought mine for how they look first!! haha! fit is great too, now I just need to try them out!

c ya!

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    ps fashionistas can be Primal too!!!

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mondawg View Post
    i just bought a pair too, so happy to hear about the info!!

I bought mine for how they look first!! haha! fit is great too, now I just need to try them out!

c ya!
    What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by mondawg View Post
    ps fashionistas can be Primal too!!!
    No doubt!
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

darrinabernathy is offline Junior Member
    A great resource for barefoot/minimalist foot ware is Toe Shoes, Barefoot Running Shoes, and Vibram FiveFingers News, Resources, and Fan Forums - Birthday Shoes. I'm a KSO guy myself but recently tried on the Komodos and that will be my next pair for certain.

TheFinalCountdown is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

The first VFFs I bought were the Bikilas. The bottom were "flatter" compared to the others vibrams which felt weird on my feet. I could feel the sole on the balls of my feet and it felt like I was walking on something every step (makes sense?). The Bikilas felt perfect and I wore them everywhere until my wife put them in the dryer.... :-( FYI the glue melts. So I bought the new Bikila LS and they're even better for me because of my high instep. They don't put pressure on the top of my feet like all the other shoes. They do get kind of stinky without those toe socks. I'll have to try the denture tablet idea. lol

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I would like to find some that will protect well against small rocks and glass. I have been barefoot walking around my neighborhood (probably not the best idea, lol)
    I have the Komodos and love them! But I recommend that you go to a store that has the full assortment of models and try them on. Each style fits and feels different.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast