Thread: Why hello! page

B. Knight is offline Senior Member

Why hello!

Hey there everyone!

My name is Bodhi Knight, I'm 18, from southern New Hampshire and I've been completely Primal now for 2 weeks!

This all started back in February, when I read an article in a men's magazine about unconventional weight loss, eating as much meat and vegetables as you wanted while cutting down on carbs. I've wanted to lose weight for a long time, but I finally got motivated and picked up "Why we get fat, and what to do about it." by Gary Taubes. It opened up a whole new world for me, one where I didn't have to go to the gym every day to lose weight (which I tried and failed at after a week). I didn't have to eat lean-pockets, limit how much food I could eat, and I could have stuff I LOVE! (Mmm... Bacon!)

Then, about a month ago, I listened to a podcast on artofmanliness.com where Mark had a half-hour long interview talking about his book and website, and was instantly curious. When I got home I looked up MDA, read a dozen articles or so and was hooked. I ordered The Primal Blueprint that night, and then set a goal to start eating primally on the first of May. So far, I've been mostly successful, except for a trip to long island for mother's day (Ice cream and sushi are hard to pass up when they're free). I had already gone from 260 pounds at 6' 2" to 240 pounds before going primal, just from cutting down on carbs, and I am happy to report I've lost 7 more pounds in 2 weeks, dropping to 233!!!

I feel better than I have in a LONG time and weigh less than I have since I was maybe 13 (Though I'm also a foot taller). I'm on my way to the best summer of my life and I truly cannot wait to go swimming with my friends in the local river.

Thanks for looking, I'm sure you'll see me on the boards!

Have a Primal day!
    "You don't have forever to change yourself."
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    Mark Twain

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bodhi !

Welcome and good luck with your journey =)
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

belinda is offline Senior Member
    You're off to a great start! Keep posting
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Nice to meet you! Good luck!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! Thinking about looking good in a swim suit is a great motivator.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.