Thread: Stevia and Foot Pain??? page

Boogins is offline Junior Member

Stevia and Foot Pain???

Primal Fuel
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced any negative side effects from Stevia? Maybe 3 weeks to a month ago, I decided to pick some up (SweetLeaf) and start using that in places where I'd normally use a little maple syrup or honey, as I've been cutting back even more on carbs and for the most part, feeling much better... except for whatever reason, my right foot has been bothering me as of late.

I've been doing stretches for the feet and massaging them as well and for whatever reason today, as I was massaging my foot "Stevia" popped into my head and apparently... other people have experienced foot pain from Stevia consumption as well...? I've also got a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck which is strange (but that has only occured in the last couple of days)... other people have complained of this as well!

(Another thing... my husband is allergic to everything under the blood red sun: corn (go figure), cherries, peaches, pears, apples... a million other things. He is also allergic to ragweed and had bad-bad-bad seasonal allergies... until we went Primal. Now, all of a sudden he's sneezing up a storm, totally miserable and I just read Stevia is in the ragweed family. *facepalm*)

Needless to say, I'm giving up the darned Stevia and going to see what happens, but I just wanted to see if any of you guys felt as though you had negative reactions to it/could offer insight. Thanks so much!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I rarely use stevia but have no known issues with it. For me, nightshades (tomato, pepper, potato, eggplant) cause severe nerve pain - my life was forever changed when I figured it out - I was ruining my stomach w/ Ibuprofen and needed narcotics to sleep (of course, the Dr. said it was not food related) - now I'm pain free unless I get an accidental dose. Cut the stevia out and go back to what works for you - we are all different. Good Luck feeling better!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    stuff makes me hypoglycemic