Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another grass fed beef option page

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

We have a grass fed cattle farm in MN. Here is their link, they ship to MN, WI, ND, SD, MI and select zip codes in IL, NE.

http://www.thousandhillscattleco.com/buydirect.html

Put a couple pounds of their grass fed beef ribs in the crock pot this morning with several spoonfuls of coconut oil...will snack on it all day...it's incredible!

I have no affiliation with this company, just thought I'd throw out another option for people to use.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Also-- to add to that. If anyone ever comes across buffalo - that is usually always pastured raised. That is what the meat guy at WF told me. I can't imagine grain feeding a buffalo anyway.

emmie is online now Senior Member

I have been buying buffalo (bison) from North Star Bison (online--just add 'dot com), and it's great. The product and customer service are superb. I just ordered my free-range, anti-biotic free turkey for Thanksgiving from them.

62shelby Guest

Lol, Ecala, I had that conversation w/ the other half, and we were trying to visualize the buffalo being forced to eat grains

http://www.lacensebeef.com/

I get emails from these guys, I dont know how they compare to others

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

<I think it would be futile, and hazardous to force a Bison to do anything ;-) >

twa2w is offline Senior Member

Bison aren&#39;t a whole lot different than cattle. You give em grains they will eat them. The reason most bison is grass fed is it is just easy for the farmer/rancher to just let them grow on their own. They survive on marginal conditions better than cattle. Most bison ranchers follow the natural cycle and sell to specalized abbatoirs.

Most cattle are bought by feed lots where they are grain fed to &#39;finish&#39; them. Better taste, more profit etcetc.

But some bison is grain fed so be careful. Costco even sells bison burgers - I haven&#39;t been able to confirm if grain fed or not. Elk is also ranched and is an excellent alternative. If you live near an elk farm many sell at the farm gate and are will to talk about their animals and how they raise them. If you looking to beef up, elk atler velvet is a natural &#39;athletic performance enhancer/steroid" used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine and by native americans.

Cheers

J

TaydaTot is offline Junior Member

Yeah, the Minneapolis farmer&#39;s market in MN has a guy who sells bison and I was going to buy some organs but my sister pointed out on the brochure that they are fed a "mixed" diet.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

Lol, Ecala, I had that conversation w/ the other half, and we were trying to visualize the buffalo being forced to eat grains</blockquote>

hahahaa!

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

The grocery store near me carries a brand of bison meat (ground and steaks) that is produced in Colorado. (I can&#39;t remember the name.) I emailed them once to ask about what the Bison ate, and they said that their Bison were grass fed, but grain finished for the last couple weeks. I just sighed and shook my head...

maba is offline Senior Member

@62shelby, I&#39;ve seen Richard Nikoley of Free the Animal blog mention La Cense Beef many times in his posts. Going by his posts, he comes across as someone with a discerning taste. I would imagine this is good beef.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast