Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My weight loss has stalled??? page

Wmiii is offline Member

My weight loss has stalled???

Primal Fuel
    I feel like I've done very well since staring on the Paleo/Primal lifestyle/diet in mid March.
    I have gone from 265 down to 238lbs, belly from 49" to 43" and generally feel better.
    But after losing about 5 lbs a week for the 1st 4-5 weeks or so, I've stopped at 238-240. What's up with that?
    I'm eating the same, getting the same, if not more exercise and it's stopped.
    Rarely have a cheat/treat. Once to twice have had cheese omlette and grits. I did have some coconut pudding Sunday when I took my Mother out for Mothers day. But that's it.
    Any ideas?

Wm

Nion is offline Senior Member

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally have my weight loss stall and figure that my body is just stabilizing before it continues on. Have you tried skipping a meal and see what that does for you? I have found that IF can restart things again, so I usually skip breakfast most days now. Also, try going for a long hike - that has helped me also. I have found that my weight loss has slowed down since the beginning even though I am more strict than I used to be. Many others have said the same thing. I have also found that taking measurements sometimes shows loss even when the scale stays seemingly stuck. Just keep it up and you'll see it's still working! I try to focus on the weight I've lost so far when things slow down.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Patience, grasshopper.

Galeldor is offline Junior Member
    I also have experienced a stalling. I however have only been primal for about 4 weeks. I had lost 8 lbs but then put back on 3. HOWEVER, I do bodyweight exercises and have really transformed my body. I believe that I have put on muscle. My waist has shrunk but not at the intitial pace. I think patience is the key. In the success stories, many speak of their success after months of work. I just feel so liberated and never think about those damn Weight Watchers points ever again. I agree with AuH20girl!

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    Every type of change in life tends to hit plateaus. Rapid change, in particular, tends to be followed by a plateau. Normal weight loss according to my reading is 1-2 pounds a week and occurs over months (e.g., weeks 1 and 2 might be half a pound a week, followed by a third week with three pounds a week). Plateaus are normal. This is true of everything, every type of human behavior, animal behavior, plant growth, etc. The plateau is then followed by new changes.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    Wait it out. I haven't lost a pound in the last 3 months according to the scale, but every time I see people they tell me I look thinner and thinner. The number doesn't matter.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    You've lost almost 30 lbs. in less than two months, that right there is amazing! I'm with everyone else, be patient. Your body probably needs to do some adjusting, that's a lot less weight it's carrying around.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
    Patience, grasshopper.
    +1
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Wmiii View Post
    I feel like I've done very well since staring on the Paleo/Primal lifestyle/diet in mid March.
    I have gone from 265 down to 238lbs, belly from 49" to 43" and generally feel better.
    But after losing about 5 lbs a week for the 1st 4-5 weeks or so, I've stopped at 238-240. What's up with that?
    I'm eating the same, getting the same, if not more exercise and it's stopped.
    Rarely have a cheat/treat. Once to twice have had cheese omlette and grits. I did have some coconut pudding Sunday when I took my Mother out for Mothers day. But that's it.
    Any ideas?

Wm
    Your body is probably adjusting. Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes your body has to stop, rest, adjust, and heal before going on with the weight loss.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast