Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Get's Down and Primal (; ~Summer Journal~ page 2

g3tL@uren is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 4: May 17th 2011

Goals: Eat over 1,200 calories, get a workout in, be in bed by 11pm.

Meal 1: 2 slices bacon, 1 egg & 1 egg white, 6 small shrimp, and some baby back ribs

Meal 2: Chicken Caeser Salad

Meal 3: Bulgogi,geme,kimchi,aged cheddar cheese, mixed nuts

Exercise: Ran 1 mile,

Assessment : Very good day. I think i can complete all my goals and i ate pretty well except for dinner...i kind of binged. I went back for seconds,and thirds yikes! And i was full when i ate the nuts but i was realllly craving some. My carbs were very nice, but i ate alot of it as sugar... I should probably lower my protein tomorrow and up my fat and carbs a teeny bit. I ate a ton of sodium today!?!? 4,000mg! It was probably all the korean food. And i'm pretty sure the chicken on my salad from Jersey Mikes was fake...ahh well i just won't eat it ever again. I have a thing on Friday and i really need to fit into my uniform so tomorrow i think its going to be cabbage soup and proteins.

No cheese or nuts tomorrow

Calories/Ratios/Grams: ~1,550 caloriesFats: 93.8g,29.1g saturated, 56%. Carbs: 47.4g,7g fiber, 29.8g sugar, 12%. Proteins: 121.1g, 32%
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-17-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    "When the climb gets tough, imagine the view from the top"

My Primal Journal

Day 5: May 18th 2011

Goals: Eat three balanced meals, all of them being about 400 calories. Get a good workout in at cheer, get to bed at 10pm. No over-eating like i did at dinner yesterday. Try not to eat bulgogi(so much sugar!), or nuts or cheese or fruits. I can do it!

Meal 1: a 'tuna burger' (1 can of tuna, 1 egg, basil,salt,1/2tbs olive oil), radish soup

Meal 2: 4oz of shrimp and 1pound broccoli sauteed in butter,salt and garlic, (1tbs butter)

Meal 3: 2 slices of bacon, costco rotesserie chicken thigh, leg and bite of breast, 5 costco pork ribs, 1/3 avocado, coconut flakes sweetened

Meal 4: coconut flakes sweetened, 1 pork rib, radish soup

Exercise:Cheer!

Assessment: Ate alot at meal 3, meal 4 was unnecessary because i wasn't even hungry. What can i do... my ratios are golden today though. But i ate too much protein for my body weight so idk, i dont want kidney failure. Plus i bought some coconut oil so excited to cook with it, maybe a coconut pancake for breakfast?. I realized my stomach always hurts if i eat too much now days, i used to be a bottomless pit LOL. Primal eating has really fixed my hunger/full signals and hopefully i'll stop eating to the point where i'm going to explode, its going to be hard since i'm so used to eating everything on my plate, i can't help it!! Tomorrow is a LHT day i'm thinking...

No Nuts tomorrow! (Pistachios,walnuts,almonds)

Calories/Ratios/Grams: ~1,520 calories Fats: 87g, 34.9g saturated, 51%. Carbs: 59.2 g, 22.6g fiber, 20.2g sugar, 15%. Protein: 127g, 33%
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-18-2011 at 07:48 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 6: May 19th 2011

Goals: Reasonable calorie range with my calories spread evenly all over. LHT!!!!!! No exeptions even if i'm up till 12am. Get all my stuff done, no binging, no snacking, eat only when i'm hungry except for breakfast (to keep my others meals reasonable).

Meal 1: 3 slices bacon,1 egg and 1 egg white fried in coconut oil and coconut flakes

Meal 2: salad topped with pork rib and rotesseri chicken and balsamic vinagerette

Meal 3:seasoned cod w/fried fish cakes,mung bean sprouts and watercress and avocado slice w/half and half
    BINGED. Blueberries+cheese+coconut flakes

Exercise: light cheer, LHT

Assessment: Didn't go as planned today at all!!! After dinner i totally pigged on coconut flakes,blueberries and cheese So my carb intake is toeing the 100gs... I will do better tomorrow i hope. At least it was on healthy food

No nuts,fish cakes,cheese or half and half tomorrow.

Calories/Ratios/Grams: ~1,900 caloriesFat: 125.2g, 58saturated, 55% Carbs: 90g,30g fiber,47.4g sugar, 12% Proteins: 123.8g, 33%
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-19-2011 at 04:35 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 7: May 20th 2011
    TOTAL FAILURE

…Since my last post i have completely fallen off the wagon! I didn't track anything since i was so depressed but i can say it involved cupcakes,cookies,chocolate,peanuts and M&Ms. ALL IN 24hours! I totally binged because i kept justifying myself with the fact that i'm starting Whole30 tomorrow with my dad. I ate at least 3,500 calories OVER what i needed too and i really hate myself. But i AM going to forgive myself, tomorrow is a new day and i am excited to do this journey with my dad (Whole 30) for a month. I am NOT doing this to lose weight, i am doing it as motivation for my dad, to find my inner strength, feel better( I've been suffering sicknesses lately), and just make me a stronger person. I Am excited. Whole 30 starts TOMORROW!

My Primal Journal

Day 8: May 21st 2011

Starting my Whole 30 with my dad, not going to go into much detail on this but i sincerely hope i can stick with it.

Measurements(Before-Now):

Weight: 113.8
    Hip:35 ½'
    Waist:26 ¾'
    Belly Button:31 ½'
    L Thigh:20 ½'
    R Thigh:20'
    Both arms: 10'

I have further eliminated bacon,and dairy from my diet

Goals: Try and get my body back on fat for fuel, means going VLC these next two days (under 30g). Get off to a good start for my whole30. NO SNACKING OR BINGING. Eat under 1,500 calories. Also, one more week of counting calories and i am stopping Sunday of NEXT week,

Meal 1: A little under half an avocado, 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, and 3oz rotesserie chicken

Meal 2: 10oz Southwestern marinated chicken breast,a handful walnuts,tbs almond butter and couple handfuls macadmia nuts, salad w/ olive oil & balsamic vinegar (Over the course of two hours)

Exercise: Stunting,jumping (cheer)

Assessment: Did pretty well, followed all my goals, except i over-ate on the nuts. Over half my daily calories!? I feel a little crappy, because i got smacked in the nose and my eating was so horrendous the past two days, recovering. I am really proud of myself for doing this Whole30 and i hope everyday can be like today. OMG my carb is only 9% of my day, Awesome! I however ate a ton of protein, i'm having trouble finding ways to incorporate more fat while on whole 30.

Calories/Ratios/Grams: ~1,300 calories. Fat: 89.3g,16.2g saturated, 58%. Carbs: 29.3g, 13.8g fiber, 9.2g sugar, 9%. Protein: 113.5g, 33%.
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 9: May 22nd 2011

Forgot to make my goals.. but i decided to stop counting calories early. So no more obsessive counting for ME.

Meal 1:¼ apple sausage, ½ meatball, a tiny amount of steak and chicken (Samples at Costco!). 4ish oz of chicken breast, 1/4cup macadamia nuts, 1 tbs almond butter, small amount of coconut flakes

Meal 2: TON of hamburger meat, like three whole patties. sauteed onions (coconut oil) and fruit salad, ¼ avocado, 20ish pistachios

Exercise:None…

Assessment: Pretty lazy day and i ate a bunch. Meal 1 & 2 blended together = grazing. meh . I'm a little dissapointed in my day but i stuck to my whole 30 at least. two days down 28 to go! Ate about 1,700 calories
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 10: May 23rd 2011

third day of Whole 30, 1/10 of the way done yeah!! Haha

Goals: Eat three meals, No snacking/grazing/binging whatsoever. Listen to my hunger, stick to my whole30.

Meal 1: 1 hamburger patty, ,radish soup, macadamia nuts

Meal 2: one hamburger patty, 20ish pistachios, spoonful almond butter,

Meal 3: Pork Chops, broccoli, salad w/ homemade dressing, blueberries

Exercise: Cheer, stretching

Assessment: Good day, fasted the whole day during school . Not very much exercise though..stuck to Whole 30! 26 days left until bacon,mmmmm. Ate about ~1,100 calories.. good jumpstart for my week i guess! only like 30g carbs i'd guess.
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-23-2011 at 07:42 PM.

My Primal Journal

Week of May 23rd Workout Schedule

Monday :cheer

Tuesday: Gym, 30min-60min light cardio, abs, arms

Wednesday: Cheer, lunges

Thursday: Gym

Friday/Saturday/Sunday: LHT, rest and undetermined
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-23-2011 at 07:40 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 11: May 24th 2011

Goals: To go to the gym and do some light cardio and ab workouts, then go to school track and do lunges. Keep my intake above 1,200 but under 1,600 today. No binging, but macadamia nuts as snack at school

Meal 1: 5 ⅓ oz pork chops, broccoli w/ salt

Meal 2: (A TON)5oz Pork chops, macadamia nuts, radish soup, almond butter, 1 fried egg in coconut oil, 6 pistachios, TWO orange AND one apple, 2oz chicken breast... this was from 4pm-6pm, can you say grazing?

Exercise: 30min cardio, abs, 10 push-ups,stretching

Assessment: OMG i ate so much fruit today, i wasn't even hungry. Blood oranges are just sooo damn delicious. Haha and i mega overdosed on nuts today. I only ate about ~1500 calories though so congratzs? haha about to go to the gym i plan on getting a light workout in and i''ll go sit in the sauna probably, but theres tornado warnings so we will see? Going out to lunch tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be a meat and veggie day, no nuts,no fruits, no nutin unveggie or unmeatish at all!!
    Last edited by g3tL@uren; 05-24-2011 at 05:14 PM.

My Primal Journal

Day 12: May 25th 2011

Meal 1: BAS with salmon

Meal 2: guacamole,chicken breast,broccoli,pumpkin seeds, 2 eggs fried in CO,2 apples

Exercise: 1 hour tumbling/jumping

Assessment: Aww nuts, i ate fruit. Today i STRUGGLED to eat 1,300 calories, and the two apples were my last hope because i was so sick of veggies and meat by then and no nuts today, i still kept my carbs under 100g though…so thats good. I'm dissapointed though because i promised myself i wouldn't eat fruit, but it was dire, i was about to heat up some bacon! I don't look any skinnier but my face has cleared up a ton and i feel really good besides being tired alot (mostly from school). Only four more days of school. Have cheer tonight, i'm kinda full from Meal number 2, which took place over an hour and a half, yikes as usual. I really need to stop gorging myself to make up calories, i'm terrified of eating to much AND too little..what to do? Whenever i try and evenly space my calories out i end up binging and night. Is it awful if i eat 1000+ calories at once?

Tomorrow is a No Fruit day.

My Primal Journal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast