Thread: hi fellow hunters.. page

hunts-with-wolves is offline Junior Member

hi fellow hunters..

Primal Fuel
    hi guys.. i'm new here today.. i'm from the UK. been following a primal/paleo diet since around January, i have lost a stone in weight, but i don't really go off that too much.. and more of a ''oh my pants are falling down'' kinda measurer.. i do stick to the 20/80 plan most of the time if i'm honest sometimes it's 30/70 .. i have a major problem with coffee also, i have cut down dramatically, but not been able to cut it out altogether... is coffee really that bad??? i'm starting a crossfit gym on Tuesday and i'm feeling really positive again.. i'm thinking of buying some five fingers for wen i'm walking/jogging with the wolfdogs.. i hear they are great and as a hippie i hate wearing shoes.. nice to meet you all BTW!!
    oh and omega 6 eggs Rock.. lol
    Emma

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I think you mean Omega 3 eggs. And welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Coffee is not bad. No need to cut it out completely.

VFFs take getting used to, unless you really do go barefoot outside a lot. For most people, it takes a month to a year to adjust. It took Mark a month.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

hunts-with-wolves is offline Junior Member
    yeah thats what i ment.. oops.. newbie alert!! lol..

PrimalDog is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

I'm not sure about the coffee thing, but I'm sure that there are going to be a lot of comments on coffee. The main point that I get from everything that I read is to keep you carbs below 400 calories/ day, and to figure out you calorie needs from your BMI and you exercise level added to it. Basically set the carb level, eat the correct protein level, and adjust the fat level to the negative calorie range like it says in the book.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I believe 400 calories of carb = 100 grams. Assuming you are trying to lose weight, you probably need to go lower, maybe shoot for 200 calories/50 grams.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.