Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good workout routine page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

A good workout routine

Primal Fuel
    and I'm not talking about the PBF, I have this and will probably do this at a later stage if I decide not to re-join the gym.

So I'm currently lifting 3x per week, 1 upper, 1 lower and 1 mixed circuit style and then do 20 min intervals after 2 of the sessions. I then do a kickboxing class 2x week because I love it and get a good workout.

I know some people here do crossfit which I would love to do but can't afford to and others seem to do well on various other type programs, so my question is does anyone have a good fitness program to follow or weights workout I can do at the gym? Something that is going to work all over (even though my lower half is my problem) that will get me some results. I feel like a hamster just going around and around all the time and altough I have been doing weights for 15 years, the primal thing has been the last 6 months so I'm getting a bit lost.

I am female, 5ft 6 with about 3kgs to loose and alot of toning up on the bottom half.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    This is a program that I posted for another forumite. A stripped-down version of what I'm doing - the Greyskull LP - with the neck/bicep work taken out so there's room for your own assistance stuff after the important lifts.

beaver is offline Senior Member
    You could just follow the WOD from crossfit.com and do it at your own gym or location. won't cost you a thing and there are crossfit websites that are very helpful for people who do this.
    RLTW

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member
    Sarahz, we must be thinking the same this morning!! I've been doing 2 days a week of full body circuits, minimal rest, and this morning I was thinking "I need a new routine to shake it up, maybe I'll ask the guys at MDA". I also try to do 1-2 days of Vinyasa Yoga and 1-2 days running--1 Long (2.5-3.5miles with 3yo in stroller) and one shorter day just me. But, I've become really bored with my routine and I'm not seeing the results. I'm like Primal Fist, though, I believe in getting in, working HARD and getting the F out--45 minutes max at the gym
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn Grokker View Post
    Sarahz, we must be thinking the same this morning!! I've been doing 2 days a week of full body circuits, minimal rest, and this morning I was thinking "I need a new routine to shake it up, maybe I'll ask the guys at MDA". I also try to do 1-2 days of Vinyasa Yoga and 1-2 days running--1 Long (2.5-3.5miles with 3yo in stroller) and one shorter day just me. But, I've become really bored with my routine and I'm not seeing the results. I'm like Primal Fist, though, I believe in getting in, working HARD and getting the F out--45 minutes max at the gym
    Amen, sister. I do three lifting workouts a week and one conditioning session. 168 hours in a week, and I'm getting great results from a program that takes me no more than 2 3/4 hours out of that 168. So good it's almost criminal, or at least it would be if it was easy at any point at all, ever

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Sandbag Fitness or, as Beaver said, follow the wod's on Crossfit. The whole notion of crossfit is based around the garage gym concept - inspiring people to work out on their own, at home if they want. When you come up against a skill that you just cannot master on your own, then go and get some coaching.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    bodyrock.tv is a good source for at home bodyweight routines.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    The Daily Fitness Solution Blog

Some good ideas on here that require little to no equipment.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Monday - Barbell... squat, bench, deadlift, standing overhead press... 3 sets of 5 reps
    Wednesday - Hill sprints 8 x 75-100 meters
    Friday - Barbell power clean and press 3x5, pullups and dips (weighted pullups and dips eventually)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Monday - Barbell... squat, bench, deadlift, standing overhead press... 3 sets of 5 reps
    Wednesday - Hill sprints 8 x 75-100 meters
    Friday - Barbell power clean and press 3x5, pullups and dips (weighted pullups and dips eventually)
    Doing all four big lifts on Monday is a very bad idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast