Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One banana a day? page

hdizzle99 is offline Junior Member

One banana a day?

Primal Fuel
    Can I eat one banana a day in a smoothie with greens and berries and still be ok? I see a lot of hate for bananas around here.

I'm not trying to come off as stupid(which i know I am) but I am just curious how much fruit is too much?

I usually eat a banana, some berries, and sometimes another piece of fruit that varies in a green smoothie just about every day. I haven't gone fully primal, but i needed a way to get greens since i hate them.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Think it is the Jaminet's that say it is ok to eat one first thing in the morning since the fructose will go into replacing liver glycogen that was depleted over night, and therefore not cause other metabolic issues....

However they are the only ones saying
    Last edited by wildwabbit; 05-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    If it's not affecting weight loss should be okay. I wouldn't do more than 2 serves fruit per day.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I believe that it is recommended to keep fructose under 25 g. per day. You can find the amount of fructose in foods online, e.g. here. If you are not fully primal, keep in mind that high fructose corn syrup is in just about everything.

Are you trying to lose weight? If so, I would cut back as far as possible on fructose.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I have at least one banana a day if not two. I personally only eat organic fruits and I normally pick the smallest bananas as well. If you feel good with one banana in your smoothie I wouldn't really sweat it. It is still a whole food and is leaps and bounds better than anything processed.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Sambo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hdizzle99 View Post
    One banana a day?
    No, 30 bananas a day

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    No, 30 bananas a day
    LMAO!

I don`t eat bananas every day because I`m trying to lose weight. I do love them though and won`t limit once I reach my goal.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    LMAO!

I don`t eat bananas every day because I`m trying to lose weight. I do love them though and won`t limit once I reach my goal.
    I'll eat bananas again occasionally once they are back down to a reasonable price here in Australia. ATM around $12 per kilo.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Here they're 1 euro the kilo. Paul Jaminet recommended me 3 bananas a day + 3 potatoes + 3 tomatoes every day to solve my potassium problems... and you guys are stressing with one banana a day.

Reminds me of the people who eat one tiny square of dark chocolate. I don't like to eat less than half a bar.

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Reminds me of the people who eat one tiny square of dark chocolate. I don't like to eat less than half a bar.
    how the hell do you leave 1/2 bar? I have to throw it out or give it to my wife.. No willpower at all

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast