Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bone broth love :) page 2

primalfamily is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    we love bone broth. they really require higher temp simmer for 5-6 hours for best broth. oxtail soup is one of our favorite.

I posted a bone broth recipe recently for those interested, as well as many of the benefits of bone broth!

Easy Recipe: Mineral-Rich Bone Broth | Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition in San Francisco, CA
    Enjoy & be well!

Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC, HLC
    Certified Nutrition Consultant & Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition
    http://www.balancedbites.com

Author of the book "Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle" available on Amazon.com

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    +1 gotta love bone broth. You can even mix and match beef/pork/chicken and they all taste woderful. All that gelatinous broth is so good for ya and mineral rich.
    I would seriously caution against this. I tried it once with bison, goat and lamb and the result was not palatable.

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    I know bone broth is easy to make but I'm lazy....so are there any decent commercial broths or stock?

Thanks

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I know bone broth is easy to make but I'm lazy....so are there any decent commercial broths or stock?

Thanks
    Do you have a crockpot? Even for the laziest person, the link to the Balanced Bites recipe above couldn't be easier. I started a batch last night, just threw bones, water, vinegar and garlic in and turned the crockpot on. I'll probably turn it off tomorrow sometime, strain it and put it in jars.

Commercial broths will never have the mineral content of a homemade broth.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    anyone know how long it'll take to cook bones in a pressure cooker? I have a carved up turkey carcass I'd love to try to make a bone broth out of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12