Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong at my primal eating? page

greekoo is offline Junior Member

Am I doing something wrong at my primal eating?

Hey all!
    I am 17 years old weighing about 158.5 lbs with 5.83 ft height approximately @ 10-11 % bodyfat.
    My goals are simple: firstly hit a single digit bf percentage while build some more lean muscle.
    I am an active person, walkin every day and exercising 3 times per week meeting all the "primal requirements". Now about my nutrition, do you think that with the below eating plan could I achieve my goals?
    NUTRITION:http://i53.tinypic.com/o8w783.jpg

Any suggestions would be trully appreciated. I am glad that I discovered the Primal Blueprint at such a young age.
    P.S.: My breakfast is more or less the same every morning, do u think eating eggs every day could cauze any side-effect?
    P.S2:Maybe should I eat more carbs or less fat or less proteing or whatever?
    PS3: I normally eat vegetables every day, but that day was just an exception because I had run out of them :P
    Last edited by greekoo; 05-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to be eating some vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, chard, asparagus, avocado...
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    I think you need to be eating some vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, chard, asparagus, avocado...
    Yes I totally agree with you. That day is just an exception, I am eating veggies every day

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    ::: narrowing eyes at greekoo :::
    moar vegetables, thankyouplease

Primal Food Pyramid:
    The Primal Blueprint Diagrams | Mark's Daily Apple

P.S. Welcome to the cool kids' club.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Greekoo- dude your young and want to lose a percentage of body fat. I would say chilax, keep doing what your doing and you'll lose that in no time.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greekoo View Post
    Yes I totally agree with you. That day is just an exception, I am eating veggies every day
    Good for you.

Try to find fish that's canned in olive oil rather than sunflower oil? I don't know it makes a huge difference, but I really prefer to avoid industrial seed oils—if it's not omega 6, it's high temperature extraction, the use of solvents, etc. It's said after what those oils have been through they're actually rancid before they leave the factory.

Also, how about replacing the skimmed milk with cheese or yoghurt? I expect a healthy person can take some lactose, but it does seem to be a factor with a lot of people who have digestive disorders, so it's evidently not easy to digest. The best cheese is properly aged, and I understand that's it's actually best to make yoghurt at home since commercial stuff is only fermented for 4 hours instead of 24.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Happy to see you 'round here again, Lewis!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

wiltondeportes Guest
    If I had a suggestion, I'd say lower your Omega-6 (chicken, almonds, coconut milk or oil, sunflower oil, avocado) and raise your Omega 3 (eggs, certain organ meats, herring/sardines, trout). I don't think there's any side effect from daily eggs. I'll eat 5 eggs at a time, and I eat them basically daily. They are a great source of nutrition and delicious. My last piece of advice would be less fruit. Then, eat more fat and protein until you are at a good amount of energy and digestion for the day. My ideal belief is that the hierarchy of food goes in this order: animal and animal products, root vegetables, green vegetables, herbs. Anything after that is surplus or distraction that doesn't really help you very much.

Just my 2 cents. You are super young like me. Don't think like you have to do something this second. Try stuff (good and bad), learn how your body reacts badly to those bad things or reacts nicely to good things, and just get a little smarter and stronger every day. You're building a kingdom for yourself, and these things don't happen in a day.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Omega-6 (chicken, almonds, coconut milk or oil, sunflower oil, avocado) and raise your Omega 3 (eggs, certain organ meats, herring/sardines, trout).
    I'm pretty sure coconut oil is extremely low in omega-6. Eggs are higher than coconut oil per typical serving if I'm not mistaken.

I would recommend leangains (www.leangains.com) for gaining some muscle while maintaining or even losing fat.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    If I had a suggestion, I'd say lower your Omega-6 (chicken, almonds, coconut milk or oil, sunflower oil, avocado) and raise your Omega 3 (eggs, certain organ meats, herring/sardines, trout). I don't think there's any side effect from daily eggs. I'll eat 5 eggs at a time, and I eat them basically daily. They are a great source of nutrition and delicious. My last piece of advice would be less fruit. Then, eat more fat and protein until you are at a good amount of energy and digestion for the day. My ideal belief is that the hierarchy of food goes in this order: animal and animal products, root vegetables, green vegetables, herbs. Anything after that is surplus or distraction that doesn't really help you very much.

Just my 2 cents. You are super young like me. Don't think like you have to do something this second. Try stuff (good and bad), learn how your body reacts badly to those bad things or reacts nicely to good things, and just get a little smarter and stronger every day. You're building a kingdom for yourself, and these things don't happen in a day.
    Thanks for the advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast