Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High fat diet obviously wreaking havoc page

chronyx is offline Senior Member

High fat diet obviously wreaking havoc

Primal Fuel
    [/sarcasm]

I have had a couple of operations recently, with blood bressure readings taken. Two times they took the reading twice as it was low, and was asked how much sport I played as my heart rate was so low.

Have been VLC since I stopped training, trying to make the best of being laid-up to fully switch over to fat-burning.

There were no blood tests, sadly. That would have been intersting.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    *snrk* I'm so sorry that the high-fat diet is doing such wonderful things for you. This is going to derail medical science and trash our already crappy economy.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    hmmphhh.

You're blowing the class curve, you Uppity Prime! Just who do you think you are?!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I've been enduring the equally-traumatic tragedy of higher blood pressure, myself. (which means it is now finally up into the normal range at 100/70 instead of a dangerously low 70/50...)

Oh, that accursed primal living! Bane of my days!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    I went to the doctor this morning and got the same kind of reaction. Both the nurse and doctor were surprised that my heart rate was in the 40s and kept asking me how many sports I played.

Blood work coming up next week.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Phew, I'm not the only sucker that fell for this. ;D

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Funny! I was in the doctors office a few days ago and she said "your high 40's kiddo, what's up with that?" To that I said, "Wait a miute, I'm only 42 years old". To which she replied, "No silly, your heart rate is in the mid 40's, you are going all Lance Armstrong on me now!" I explained I went full Paleo late last year. She didn't bat an eye and said to keep it up. After all she couldn't win an argument with me over it anyway with the volume of data I brought with me. And my BP was 100/60. Her concern is my cholesterol, but I'm not going to convince her that her hypothosis is wrong, however she did agree that it would be good to know the distribution of my LDL particle size and order it on my labs for me.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I don't get chest pains any more. What's up with that?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I don't get chest pains any more. What's up with that?
    Obviously all the fat has coagulated around your heart to make a nice, soft cushion.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If this catches on, it could really hurt people who own stock in General Mills and Pepsico. And convenience stores. Fast food franchise owners. That's sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast