Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm... maybe I'm just eating too much page

eglue is offline Member

Hmm... maybe I'm just eating too much

Recently my daily intake consists of strictly water with occasional alcoholic drink in the evenings. I can down nearly 1.5 lbs of red meat a day, easy. I eat couple of eggs in the morning and then I try to get a salad or something "veggie" in there but less luck. An occasional handful of berries and that's about it.

Not really losing weight. Perhaps i need to dial it back a bit? Thoughts?

E

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You might be right.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    1.5 pounds of steak is about 1700 calories so if your only eating a couple eggs and salad I doubt your calories are that high. I'm 190 lbs and my maintenance calories are 2600.
    "Live Free or Die"

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It's quite possible. That was the reason for not only my stall, but also gain. I've begun consciously trimming back and have started to lose again.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Too much protein, not enough fat. Too much or too little protein can stall weightloss. The book provides advice on how to manage your macros (protein, carbs, fat) for weight management
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting any exercise? Moving slowly? Lifting Heavy Things?
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    I was recently stalled on weight loss and you know what I did that worked me through my plateau?

Not being so strict with my eating. I've had a few more adult beverages each week, a few more carbs (up from under 60g a week) and basically didn't give a shit. Recently I was shocked that I'm now past my stall and now weigh the lowest I have in the past 15 years.

Maybe less cortisol from reduced stress- not sure.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Track your intake on fitday for a few days, and see what you're averaging. Honestly, from what you've given, no body can tell if you're eating correctly. Track your calories, track your macro nutrients, and see where you are. Only when you have a truly accurate picture of what you are eating, can you begin to adjust details.

Ideal Peace is offline Senior Member
    My Main red meat supply has moved to Roast Beef, which per ounce (medium slice) is 60% fat, 40% protein, I can eat 8oz (1/2lb) for only 600 calories, its only $6 a pound at my gas station/deli across from me. I can get a cheap dinner or lunch for under $4. Sure beats buying a sub(marine) for $5 or $6 which certainly has less meat, and from which you would have to throw out the bun.

Throw in a Budweiser once in a blue moon (120 calories and 12g of carbs) and you got you're self a post-workout dinner. which just so happens to be something like 55%fat, 35% protein, and 10% carbs.

eglue is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonbully View Post
    1.5 pounds of steak is about 1700 calories so if your only eating a couple eggs and salad I doubt your calories are that high. I'm 190 lbs and my maintenance calories are 2600.
    I was actually wondering about how many calories are in that. Thank you for the info.

Today, I had a burger all day. No hunger pains thus far and I'm thinking a little IF can't cure.

I'm going to focus on cutting out "beers" and stick to the hard stuff. I have to do a lot of business networking for my company so I'm stuck with couple of drinks in the evening. That unfortunately sometimes leads me to eating late night and I'm wondering if I need to focus on not snacking on food after late night sessions. By snacking, I mean I pull out some meat and drop on the Forman grill and run with it. Does anyone think it's "bad" to eat late night?

I'm at 205 lbs and have stuck there for quite some time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast