Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pull-up bars page

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

pull-up bars

Shop Now
    this one, which costs $30, or this one, which is marked down from $60 to $40, and is more versatile. as a fitness gear newb, i have no clue if the extra features in the more expensive one is worth the additional money.

d2mini is offline Senior Member
    The second. More positions = better.
    Looks a lot like the one from Beach Body (P90x).
    Pull Up Bar - P90X Chin-Up Bar For the Ultimate in Pull Ups - Removable Doorway Pull-Up Bar - beachbody.com
    -dennis

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I like to make my own stuff. This cost maybe 20 bucks and has held up well over the last few months.

"Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I have one similar to the first one and it serves me fine, I prefer more grip options over less though so for $10 extra I’d probably go with the second one. Looks like the part where it sticks out more could work if you ever want to device a suspension trainer (or use a bedsheet like I show in the Worldwide pull up thread)

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
    The second. More positions = better.
    Go with the second one for the exact reason stated above. Plus, it gets you a little further away from the door frame which allows increased range-of-motion.

I have the first one and used it through 2 rounds of P90X. Both are made by the same manufacturer and are of equal quality so if money is really an issue it will still be okay.
    iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I had the second one, and it was great, but if your door frame has a large molding it won't work. My new place has probably 7" door molding and I had to get a different one - which is ok but not as good / versatile. Amazon.com: EVERLAST CHIN UP BAR: Sports & Outdoors
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Got mine at Target for 11 bucks.

Julie

wow, 11 bucks? i was just at target last night, and they had both of the above but i think the $40 was $50.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    This is mine. Cost 3 - an old metal bar I found and 2 swing screws. It's been going for about 14 months now without any problems!

coach- you don't see an advantage to different grips? i'm a beginner, btw. as in, "i've never done a pull up before" type of beginner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast