Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of PrimalAli - Journey to my wedding day and BEYOND page

PrimalAli is offline Junior Member

PrimalAli's Journal

Primal Fuel
    So I'm new here. I was looking to change my eating habits & I'm delighted that I found the primal blue print. I want to lose some weight for my wedding in September but I also wanted to find something that I could stick to for after the wedding and hopefully a long time. I have tried weight watchers and the likes but I just never could stick to these diets. They just get boring after a few weeks of constant counting points.

I said I would try primal for a week to see how it went, and boy has it went well I'm very happy to say that I am feeling great, have loads of energy and my skin is getting clearer. All this in just a week. I'm excited to see how I am after a month. Oh and I also managed to drop 4.5lb!! SUPER RESULT. I didn't even feel deprived and my cravings for carbs have diminished.

I will check back here daily with my food and exercise diary and I'm hoping this will keep me motivated (not that I need it at the moment)

I will log in tomorrow and start the journal.
    Last edited by PrimalAli; 05-15-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Feeling crappy today :(

I was really hungry last night before bed and I woke up today feeling crap and with a sore throat. I was just having a look at my food intake for the past few days and realised that I was between 30g and 40g carbs yesterday. So maybe this is why I feel so crappy today. I have absolutely not energy which is a complete contrast with my energy levels the past few days. I think I will try and get my carb intake past 50g today and the rest of the week by eating some more fruit.
    I got my partner to try primal out also. He is on day 4 and finding it a bit tough. He likes to lift heavy weighs in the gym so I'm thinking maybe some sweet potato for him for added energy. Any other suggestions welcome
    Another concern I have is for my 2 kids. 2yr old girl and 10yr old boy. They are still eating all that processed crap. What am I to do for them? I feel really guilty about this after ready the primal blueprint book. I just want to do what is best for them.
    I will add my food intake at the end of the day. It is morning time here now in Ireland and I just started the day with some eggs and bacon and tomato, yummy in my tummy lol.

Oh and I forgot to add my stats to this:

Bust: 40in
    Waist: 32in
    Hips: 40.5in

Weight:
    4/5/11 - 11st 2lb
    11/5/11 - 10st 11.5lb

Day 10
    Breakfast:
    Scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled tomato.

Lunch:
    Chicken & egg salad
    evo & vinegar dressing

Dinner:
    My own Chicken curry
    - with chicken, peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, various spices, greek yogurt and coconut milk.
    - Cauliflower.

Snacks:
    Raspberries and fresh cream
    Coffee and cream

I also drank lots of water and green tea today.

Day 11 (posting this for yesterday)
    Breakfast
    2 eggs, 2 bacon

Lunch
    Berries & Greek yogurt

Dinner
    Steak, Onions, Mushrooms, Broccoli, small few sweet potato wedges

Snack
    2 Glasses of red wine, Some cheese and pickled onions

Day 12 (day behind again lol)
    Breakfast
    Egg, bacon, sausage, tomato

Lunch
    Berries Greek yogurt

Dinner
    homemade burger
    salad

Day 13
    Breakfast
    Scrambled Eggs, bacon, green tea

Lunch
    Egg and bacon again ( went to my mam's house and that is what she had made for a late breakfast so we had some of that for lunch)

Dinner
    Roast chicken, carrots and parsnips mashed, cauliflower mashed.

Treat.
    2 glasses of red wine, some 85% chocolate.

I made some chicken stock from my left over chicken bones so I will have a yummy chicken soup to keep me going for a few days. Also my lovely man bought me a food processor so I will be able to make some proper coleslaw. The only problem I have is the mayonnaise. I need a good recipe for a primal mayonnaise. I ordered the cookbook with my primal blueprint book nearly 2 weeks ago. One arrived 2 days later but I am still waiting on the cookbook. So hopefully there will be some nice ideas in there.

Tomorrow I will be upping my game. I will make sure that I get my daily walk in. I live in the country and there is a lovely 4 mile walk right on my doorstep that I never take advantage. The dogs will be delighted to be getting a good walk.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    It's good to hear your first few weeks are going so well
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks Belinda. I only wish I had found this earlier it would have saved me a load of stress and money from the fad diets that I tried.

Day 14
    Breakfast
    Skipped

Lunch:
    Tuna salad

Dinner:
    Homemade chili mince beef, my guacamole and salsa, mashed turnip.

Exercise:
    Raining heavy today so had to do with a fitness dvd and crosstrainer.

Day 15
    Woke up to another wet and miserable day outside but I decided to go for my walk anyway. I got soaked but hey its all part of the fun I am delighted now to have it out of the way for the day. I got a new yogalates dvd yesterday so I will do that later on when my daughter takes her nap. Still feeling extremely positive eating this way. I can't believe how tasty it is. My partner who was only going to try Primal for 7 days is on day 9 now! He started out by referring to it as "that weird diet" but now he is accepting that it isn't a diet but a lifestyle. He says he will eat carbs when he feels like it but I have a feeling that he will stick to it as he is feeling great. I just need to get him to read the book now and to understand the reasoning behind it all and we will be sorted.

Food so far:
    Breakfast was late 11.30am
    2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon, 1/2 tomato, 4 mushrooms.

Will update later when I have eaten more Weigh in day is tomorrow. I have a feeling that I won't be down any weight this week. But I don't care because I feel great anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast