Thread: Question... page

Night-Raven is offline Member

Question...

I have a couple of questions if anybody would be so kind as to answer...

Do I count fiber or subtract it from the total carb count?

Is mustard bad for you (especially Dijon)? if so I think I overindulge...

also am I drinking 4-5 cup a day of Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy Herb black tea; is that too much?
    Height: 6' 1.5"
    Weight: 135 lb
    My Journal

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Fiber doesn't affect carb count. Mustard is fine if it is real (which most dijon should be.) What's in the tea that you think is bad?

I would read the Primal 101 page to get a better understanding of what is or isn't Primal. Lots of great info there. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by TriCiCi View Post
    Fiber doesn't affect carb count. Mustard is fine if it is real (which most dijon should be.) What's in the tea that you think is bad?
    The dijon mustard I get doesn't have any sugar or fruit pectin; I was wondering if the white wine thats in it is okay?

here's a link to the tea I was speaking of Tea
    My Journal

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't even worry about fiber and carbs... you just might be over-thinking it all RelaxxxzzzZ

Curmujeon is offline Member
    Do you think this is WeightWatchers?

Is the "sweet" from sugar? Probably not good whatever the sweet is from.
    Beware of fake meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmujeon View Post
    Do you think this is WeightWatchers?

Is the "sweet" from sugar? Probably not good whatever the sweet is from.
    I it think it's from cinnamon, here's what it says on their website:

ABOUT THIS BLEND
    Our award-winning All Natural Sweet & Spicy™ Tea & Herb Blend is a deliciously full-bodied blend of tea and herbs. The rich aroma and notes of zesty California oranges will capture your senses, from the first sip to the last. Deliciously sweet, with no added sugar, honest. On hot days we think it's amazing over ice.

INGREDIENTS
    Black tea, natural flavor, rosehips, cinnamon, chamomile, lemongrass, peppermint, papaya, jasmine tea, anise seed, ginger root, orange peel and orange oil. Contains no sugar, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. A natural source of antioxidants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    I wouldn't even worry about fiber and carbs... you just might be over-thinking it all RelaxxxzzzZ
    That's what I was thinking... if non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, brussels sprouts etc.) are the only source of my carbs I probably won't be able eat over 150 carbs per day, honestly I think vegetables taste better than fruit ^^
    My Journal

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I believe Mark states in the book that he's counting all carbs but, like you say, it's hard to get over 150 eating non starchy veg. I wouldn't worry.

I wanted to bump this up because I am curious about the good earth tea. It is REALLY sweet but everything I have read says no artificial sweeteners. They won't disclose exactly what the natural flavorings are. This is what their website says:

"Our teas have no added sweeteners in the formula. They do not contain any sugar, artificial sweeteners or preservatives. Any perceived sweetness in the tea is due to the combination of spices and citrus components in the herbs and oils."

me jane is offline Senior Member
    I think the sweetness of the Good Earth tea is from licorice and/or anise. Licorice is *very* sweet.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Natural flavor could be honey or agave. I would tell them I am diabetic and just need to know the carb count. 4-5 cups per day is too much if it tastes sweet. Go for 2 per day and replace with something else like green tea, another herbal tea which is not a blend.
    Last edited by Sue; 05-21-2011 at 07:01 PM.