Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating sugar and aching muscles page

wiltondeportes Guest

Eating sugar and aching muscles

Primal Fuel
    I'm just curious if there's any correlation...yesterday I ate a couple dark chocolate bars (quality ones). I'm going to guess there's a decent amount of fructose in them all together. It was definitely more than I'd ate in a while. I also had a big sweet potato. I feel sort of a dull, numbing type of ache in my calves right now. Any relation?

I just thought it would be interesting to put out there if anybody understood body chemistry more than me because this isn't the first time I've felt this. I'd be able to identify what exactly that feeling is....

wiltondeportes Guest
    The idea that made me pose this question is I wonder if I'm experiencing something similar to what diabetics get with nerve damage when their blood sugar gets too high.

eira is offline Member
    i'm curious too.. when i am eating more sugar my muscles become fatigued much faster.. sometimes from just going up stairs.... (embarrassing since i am 20 )

hpsnickers1 is offline Junior Member
    I have Fibromyalgia and am controlling the pain with my diet and lifestyle. When I eat too much sugar it causes the pain to come back. The pain consists of muscle and joint aches.

wiltondeportes Guest
    One more key piece of info is that I had a fairly long (relative to my large hunger) fast that ended about a day and a half ago. I felt this might have killed some of my gut flora. I am thinking this pain might also be vitamin deficiency due to poor absorption. I was getting yellow pee despite being hydrated. Just another thought...

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Or electrolyte imbalance?

Sugar is inflammatory and definately triggers aches and pains for me. Sugar, gluten, corn all do the same.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

paleomoxie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I'm just curious if there's any correlation...yesterday I ate a couple dark chocolate bars (quality ones). I'm going to guess there's a decent amount of fructose in them all together. It was definitely more than I'd ate in a while. I also had a big sweet potato. I feel sort of a dull, numbing type of ache in my calves right now. Any relation?

I just thought it would be interesting to put out there if anybody understood body chemistry more than me because this isn't the first time I've felt this. I'd be able to identify what exactly that feeling is....
    This is due to inflammation. Sugar causes inflammation, leading to achy joints and fatigue.

Elliot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleomoxie View Post
    This is due to inflammation. Sugar causes inflammation, leading to achy joints and fatigue.
    Can you demonstrate this?

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    I don't know....I feel like it's unrelated. I eat lots of sweet potato and dark choc on some days and have never experienced that...

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What affects one person may have no effect on another, even among siblings. Ask a parent who has to watch what he/she cooks for an entire allergy-ridden family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast