Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm cheap.... page

Robynbee is offline Senior Member

I'm cheap....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ...and therefore I don't want to pay to join a yoga class. I already have a gym membership and that's kind of as much as I'm willing to fork out every month. My issue is that my gym, while they do offer yoga classes, they offer them at kind of inopportune times for me.

SO, I've decided that I should start doing yoga/pilates/something else fun at home with a DVD. I've got the space, but I'd like some advice on which DVD's to invest in. Anybody have any favourites?

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    The P90X power yoga disc is freakin' amazing if you ask me. Of all the discs I enjoyed this one the most.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible to just get the yoga disc of P90X, or do you have to buy the whole setup?

me jane is offline Senior Member
    If you have Netflix or other on-demand service through cable TV, you can try stuff out w/o first buying it. Our public library also has a wide variety of workout dvd's, including yoga.

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    I'm not much of a yogi...though I have purchased a few DVDs over the years. My favorite is Bryan Kest's Power Yoga. What I like about it is it gets right to it. No wasted time sitting and breathing. The beginner class kicks my butt.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Tony Horton has another disc that's shorter than the P90x Yoga X DVD. I think it's called Fountain of Youth Yoga.

Was not a huge fan of Yoga X since I had already done yoga. He's got a good pace, but it's too much talking for my taste, and it's a 90-MINUTE SESSION.

Bryan Kest is good. People have mixed feelings about Rodney Yee's videos on Gaiam but I have a few and use them. (I actually ran into Rodney in the Jet Blue terminal at JFK recently!)

tamara is offline Junior Member
    yogadownload.com, you can download 20 minute podcasts for free and pay for longer ones(either a pay by use or get a subscription), also yogatoday.com has podcasts(some free/some paid)

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I echo the on-demand tv suggestion - I have at least 10 free yoga work outs on there that are not bad at all.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Should be some videos on netflix. Seems like quite a few videos on Hulu too

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'll fourth the Netflix idea.

I was able to watch a little bit of some that I really hated, and then found Crunch Candlight Yoga which worked for me. I can access it on my TV (through Roku) or on my laptop, so it's highly portable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast