Thread: Ratios of Fats, Protein and Carbs necessary for weight loss? page

cristin is offline Junior Member

Ratios of Fats, Protein and Carbs necessary for weight loss?

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

I'm brand new to the Primal lifestyle & am on day 3. I'd like to know if there are ratios we should follow for weight loss? I've got myfitnesspal set up to allow for 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass which is totalling 35%. Fats are on 50% and carbs on 15%. Does this seem accurate? Should they be adjusted? Should I even be worried about doing something like this at all?

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

dado Guest
    If you want to worry about it, go ahead. But I would say no, don't worry about it.

Micromanaging sucks, it's anal, and it detracts from enjoying your life.

You gotta just feel it, man.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    At least 1g of protein per lb is recommended if you are lifting and trying to build muscle. Regular humans can run decent and maintain muscle mass on .8 grams. For me, protein is the focus of my meals and as long as you are eating clean and getting your enough protein you should be fine.

cristin is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you both. I am building muscle so I definitely want to make sure I'm getting in enough protein. However, I also find that micromanaging and tracking everything I eat is annoying. I think I'll track for 2 weeks so I can get an idea of what I'm doing & then let go so I can just, "feel it."