Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meat Rots in the Intestines!!! Quacky Dr. Oz page 3

Alykat is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Acmebike- thank you for sharing your zerOcarb experience. It's making me consider such a lifestyle! It's worth a trial run.
    ARe you still living this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Acmebike View Post
    chima_p has it right. Meat is FULLY utilized. Not much waste can be produced from a fully utilized substrate like meat! Poop, ahem, is mainly dead bacteria and un-useable fiber. So what really sits and rots in your digestive tract is high fiber vegetable matter. The vegan/vegetarian stance of "MEAT: It's what rots in you colon" is one of willful ignorance.

Having dabbled in Zero Carb/ All Meat for months on end, and still generally living that way day to day, but for social eating of salads, and other vegetable matter for a little variety or taste (certainly not for nutrition), I am intimately acquainted with the gut functions of an all meat diet plan.

Generally a BM on long term zero carb is an every other day or second day event. It is silent, fast, clean. Not the hideous noisy, stinky, rank explosions of discomfort and trauma of so much sophomoric movie fodder. It sure makes travel and and active life a breeze. TMI? Likely. But rationally give it some thought. Never have I experienced any constipation.

Observing my dog's BM activity, as a pure carnivore, if she has daily food (rabbit, venison, squirrel, soup bones, marrow, etc) she has a daily BM, same as mine, small, very much devoid of scent, and quick. She often just "craps on the run" as Huskies get pretty adept at this running in a harnessed team. If she is voiding the remains of a kill, there is often more hair in it than anything else. Picking up after her is simple as her deposits are clean, compact and solid, dry to white powder within 24 hours. Though I've not tried looking at mine after a day in the sun.... if I do, I will report back!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    This is the best answer I can find though I cant admit to completely understanding the science. I would love to know if this is correct or not.

Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables! - GNOLLS.ORG
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    This is the best answer I can find though I cant admit to completely understanding the science. I would love to know if this is correct or not.

Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables! - GNOLLS.ORG
    Correct and with scientific depth and entertaining style all at once. I love Gnolls.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Seriously? We eat food, it goes through the pipes and whatever isn't used we poop out. It's not like meat is going to magically stay in our digestive track and rot away while all the other foods we eat happyily zip by and make their way out of our body. Do people actually think about the things they say before making claims like this? It's stupid.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musajen View Post
    So a few years ago I caught an episode of Oprah where Dr. Oz was on talking about how (gasp!) any meat that you ingest essentially sits and rots in your intestines and isn't digested in a useful way. Oh, and it stops you up - slows the movement of food through your body. If I recall, this is a popular assertion of vegetarians and vegans.

I've googled trying to find evidence to support or deny this but so far I haven't found anything other than short snippets saying "this is false." No more detailed explanation (though maybe none is needed).

For the record, I think it's bull. I'm positive our bodies are capable of digesting meat but I can't find support of it. Anyone have explanations or know of resources I can go to?
    Best evidence was presented after John Wayne's autopsy where they found 25 lbs of undigested, rancid meat in his intestines. Seriously, watch Dr Oz on TV a few times and you will realize what a quack he is. He may be a fine doctor in his practice, but on TV is primarily interested in ratings.

Lynna is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Best evidence was presented after John Wayne's autopsy where they found 25 lbs of undigested, rancid meat in his intestines. Seriously, watch Dr Oz on TV a few times and you will realize what a quack he is. He may be a fine doctor in his practice, but on TV is primarily interested in ratings.
    The John Wayne story is false. There was no autopsy done on his body.

snopes.com: Red Meat Impacts Feces in Colon
    And another link

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/17579/
    Last edited by Lynna; 11-17-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    The John Wayne story is false. There was no autopsy done on his body.

snopes.com: Red Meat Impacts Feces in Colon
    And another link

Board Question #17579 | The 100 Hour Board
    You know I was just kidding, right?

Lynna is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    You know I was just kidding, right?
    No there was nothing in your post to indicate facetiousness regarding John Wayne.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Quite the informative thread. Since switching to primal I have definitely noticed fewer "sit down" trips to the toilet sometimes skipping a day all together. Was mildly worried about it, but have felt fine so didn't get too concerned. Now I know why. Good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    No there was nothing in your post to indicate facetiousness regarding John Wayne.
    Sorry, I assumed everyone knew that was one of the goofiest urban legends out there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast