Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Rots in the Intestines!!! Quacky Dr. Oz page 2

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

The reason you don't poop is because most of it gets digested. Protein gets broken down into Branch Chain Amino Acids. What is left? Nothing really. You know what does rot in your gut? Fiber. More of a ferment because it is a carb after all.

Niklas Guest

What I heard is that we have a long intestine and take longer than carnivores to expel the byproducts of meat digestion that have time to harm the colon or something.

mseibel is offline Junior Member

A living humans intestine is only 10' long due to muscle contraction. I read that in a book, I haven't actually measured.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

If there is any rotting going on it seems to happen with carbohydrates like bread with me. Flatulence is pretty bad!

Acmebike is offline Member

chima_p has it right. Meat is FULLY utilized. Not much waste can be produced from a fully utilized substrate like meat! Poop, ahem, is mainly dead bacteria and un-useable fiber. So what really sits and rots in your digestive tract is high fiber vegetable matter. The vegan/vegetarian stance of "MEAT: It's what rots in you colon" is one of willful ignorance.

Having dabbled in Zero Carb/ All Meat for months on end, and still generally living that way day to day, but for social eating of salads, and other vegetable matter for a little variety or taste (certainly not for nutrition), I am intimately acquainted with the gut functions of an all meat diet plan.

Generally a BM on long term zero carb is an every other day or second day event. It is silent, fast, clean. Not the hideous noisy, stinky, rank explosions of discomfort and trauma of so much sophomoric movie fodder. It sure makes travel and and active life a breeze. TMI? Likely. But rationally give it some thought. Never have I experienced any constipation.

Observing my dog's BM activity, as a pure carnivore, if she has daily food (rabbit, venison, squirrel, soup bones, marrow, etc) she has a daily BM, same as mine, small, very much devoid of scent, and quick. She often just "craps on the run" as Huskies get pretty adept at this running in a harnessed team. If she is voiding the remains of a kill, there is often more hair in it than anything else. Picking up after her is simple as her deposits are clean, compact and solid, dry to white powder within 24 hours. Though I've not tried looking at mine after a day in the sun.... if I do, I will report back!

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Totally agree Acmebike. A vegetarian lecturer once said to us you should be pooping 3 times per day. Which you probably would on a vegetarian diet.

grandma is offline Member

fiber rots in your intestines --> farts!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

bobbylight Guest

I poop at least 3 times a day, but then again I eat a lot of veggies. I personally see no reason to cut them out either because I have yet to find any evidence at all that says either that vegetables are healthy or that a zero or very low carb diet is the healthiest diet to eat.

Acmebike is offline Member

No intention of turning this into a "zero carb is better" thread! Just relating my experience that meat does not "rot in the intestines" and that in all actuality it is carbs/fiber that rot/ferment in the intestines.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

Generally a BM on long term zero carb is an every other day or second day event. It is silent, fast, clean. Not the hideous noisy, stinky, rank explosions of discomfort and trauma of so much sophomoric movie fodder.</blockquote>

hahaha! Acme.. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts. Not tmi at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast