Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Simple Workouts You Can Do With Just A Pull-up Bar page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Three Simple Workouts You Can Do With Just A Pull-up Bar

Hey Gang - I put up a new blog today about minimal equipment workouts that you can do with just a pull-up bar. The post contains 3 basic calisthenics routines. Enjoy!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Oh... I love the pyramid wo... I'm going to do that on my LHT on Friday instead of my usual round of 5 essential movements!!!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Al!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    That Area 51 workout sounds sweet ... looking forward to being able to do that one day.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    Oh... I love the pyramid wo... I'm going to do that on my LHT on Friday instead of my usual round of 5 essential movements!!!
    Cool! Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Thank you, Al!
    You're welcome, Jenny!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    That Area 51 workout sounds sweet ... looking forward to being able to do that one day.
    Thanks! Straight bar dips are such a great variation on the classic parallel bars - do you do those?
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Similar to the Trifecta, on Saturday I did pyramids of dips/pull-ups. That fried my upper body for a couple days...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Straight bar dips are such a great variation on the classic parallel bars - do you do those?
    Negatives and a couple kipping pull-ups are all I've been able to do so far, I'll try some of these dips tonight.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I am all sorts of shades of envious. I made the dive into paleo almost a year ago and as a result, I've lost over 25 lbs. I am now a monstrous 150 lbs. at 5' 7". The envious part of my comment comes from the fact that I've eaten myself this thin, but am always looking at posts and vids like these and envisioning myself getting ripped (or at least toned), but the most exercising I get is taking a shower.

My pedometer says I walked 3.9 miles today, but it was all at work. After work, I plop down on the couch and that seems to be where I am until around 10 p.m., when I decide to hit the bed.

Oh well, one can dream. Awesome blog and vids you have there, Al!

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Similar to the Trifecta, on Saturday I did pyramids of dips/pull-ups. That fried my upper body for a couple days...
    Dips and pull-ups make for a great pyramid sequence, but I guess you know that already!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Negatives and a couple kipping pull-ups are all I've been able to do so far, I'll try some of these dips tonight.
    How'd it go with the dips? We're you able to do any?

Quote Originally Posted by kcult View Post
    I am all sorts of shades of envious. I made the dive into paleo almost a year ago and as a result, I've lost over 25 lbs. I am now a monstrous 150 lbs. at 5' 7". The envious part of my comment comes from the fact that I've eaten myself this thin, but am always looking at posts and vids like these and envisioning myself getting ripped (or at least toned), but the most exercising I get is taking a shower.

My pedometer says I walked 3.9 miles today, but it was all at work. After work, I plop down on the couch and that seems to be where I am until around 10 p.m., when I decide to hit the bed.

Oh well, one can dream. Awesome blog and vids you have there, Al!
    Congrats on the weight loss! Maybe one day you'll decide that your dream of being ripped is worth pursuing - it doesn't take much time to start!

In the meantime, keep watching my vids!

squeally dan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    AL-

I love all your videos. I gotten where I can do about 15 pullups, but I still can't seem to do even 1 muscle up. I can do a bunch of pushups (regular, plyo, staggered hand, raised legs, etc.), but I still can only do 1-2 one-handed pushups. I've gotten where I can do a handstand against a wall, but not without the wall. The reason, I mention all this is because I started adding these things to my workout after learning from you & your website. THANK YOU!

huntercopelandnutrition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast