Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfort eating primal page

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member

Comfort eating primal

Primal Fuel
    Today was a bad day. I was very tired (last nights big aftershock was RIGHT UNDER OUR HOUSE...it was SO LOUD, the one the night before was bigger but further away, but I am finding it hard to get back to sleep again after them) so I was comfort eating again.

But I stayed primal. I just had a lot of raspberries, blueberries and cream. Then i had some more. Then I had primal sausages, then I had some more berries....and that was before i even started in on supper!

So how much harm am I doing myself? I don't expect I will loose any weight this week, but is there harm in it?

Kaeferin is offline Member
    Are you kidding? There's an aftershock right under your house and you're stressing about staying primal?

Cut yourself some slack You did a great job in staying primal, and stressing about over-indulging (which I don't think you did, personally) is unlikely to help the situation. Just run with it, acknowledge it, and go back to regular eating habits as soon as you can. Don't forget the 80-20 rule!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Yikes. I agree with Kaeferin. In an earthquake you can invoke the 80/20 rule! And, even eating berries and cream and sausages (yummy!) you probably didn't even come close to 1000 calories. Try doing that with a bag of potato chips.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Yeah seriously dont worry! Count yourself lucky the aftershock didn't do anything too bad. Think about this - if you lost your house or were going to die, would you care about eating too much primal food? No! Enjoy life

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Remember that weight loss, like life, is a journey. You hit a couple of bumps (or jolts, rather, and as a Californian I can sympathize), you ate primal. You did well, actually. Better than I probably would have. And the irony, is that you might find that you do drop weight. Sometimes upping the calories a day or two a week helps.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

dado Guest
    I comfort drink beers.

Thank you for your support. I find it hard to keep a sense of perspective nowadays. I expect I am stressing about food because it is something I CAN control, unlike the quakes which are totally a pain in the neck.

Kit

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    You're doing better than me! I found out I have to have surgery, and the first thing I do is go eat a brownie covered in ice cream! >.<

As long as you're eating healthy, natural foods, their macro-nutrients can be forgiven. Overeating berries and cream is better than a "normal" serving of cake or cookies.

((hugs)) one day at a time. So sayeth the grain addict. I'm striving to deal with my stresses just a little better today than yesterday.

I'm sorry you have to get surgery. I hope all goes well for you.

Kit

camel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find soup really comforting. A nice creamy thai curry soup with a bit of spice.... or turkey soup, or beef bone soup...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast