Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electrolytes page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Electrolytes

Any ideas on how to replace electrolytes without resorting to sugary sports drinks? Is diluting gatorade with water 50/50 the best way? Trying to avoid sugars at all costs but when I workout, especially outside, I sweat ALOT!! Any feedback is mucho appreciated. =))

terrax is offline Member
    coconut water.... I always drink at least a can after a night of drinking. helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by terrax View Post
    coconut water.... I always drink at least a can after a night of drinking. helps a lot.
    terrax- i have looked into those and the only ones i find are loaded with sugar BUT the only ingredient is COCONUT! Can you explain? Ad thanks for the quick response too. =)

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    For me I do this- get some coconut water, I use Naked 100% 1 liter for the potassium and add 2tspns of MOM's Original for the magnesium. I get plenty of sodium from my diet so this works pretty well for me without adding a shit ton of sugar.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    For me I do this- get some coconut water, I use Naked 100% 1 liter for the potassium and add 2tspns of MOM's Original for the magnesium. I get plenty of sodium from my diet so this works pretty well for me without adding a shit ton of sugar.
    interesting. is it even possible to get electrolytes without sugar???

terrax is offline Member
    I forget which brand I use, but one whole giant can has only 25 carbs. No sweeteners added. They sell it at WholeFoods.

Brian Skellenger is offline Junior Member

Coconut water

Health Benefits of Coconut Water - Drinking Coconut Water Benefits

The most popular drink by far in the crossfit gym. These guys on here have much more info than this article but you get the idea, lots of electrolytes and natural.

terrax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post

yeah I think it's hard to get electrolytes without some sugar/carbs

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Sure the basis is made up of sodium, potassium and magnesium. Use Naked 100% coconut water with no added sugars and MOM's to get the magnesium. Done and good.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the reason i am so concerned is as a firefighter in south florida, we train alot in full bunker gear in the summer time. it doesnt take long, even with drinking a ton of water all of the time, to CRASH HARD! This is my only dilemma i have had with the primal lifestyle. i really need to figure out a way to stay hydrated. i am thinking i might just have to take the sugar and hopefully because i am expending so much energy it won't do too much damage?? i don't know. did i mention that i sweat like a beast!!!??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast