Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel's May 2011 page 3

RachelZoe is offline Senior Member
    I was actually at the store looking for yogurt made from coconut milk...but the stores I checked don't carry it. I think I'm going to need to drive up to Whole Foods this weekend as I really want to check it out.

I am craving sushi for breakfast. I wonder why? If I wasn't at work, I'd be tempted to leave and go out for a sushi breakfast. Weird.

I am sitting here with my Americano, dealing with work stress.

The good news about today is that the sun is shining, and I can see blue skies. Didn't weigh myself today--just wasn't up for it.

Decided I was starving and ate my chicken and bacon (which I brought for lunch) for breakfast.

Okay, so here's my weird day. Ate chicken and bacon for breakfast. Then decided to go get sushi for lunch. I really wasn't hungry, so I ate four pieces and didn't want the rest. Came home and made coconut flour pancakes for dinner. Did kettle bells and then went on an hour walk with my daughter.

Oh yay, my weight is back up again. Just love getting on the scale and seeing 142.2. Last Thursday, my scale said 140.3. Why does it seem like it's so much easier for the number to go up than down? Had two hard boiled eggs and a piece of string cheese for breakfast, plus a small container of pineapple and an Americano. Have my chicken/bacon salad ready for lunch.

Had nightmares all last night, and the girls next door woke me up again about 11PM, after I'd already fallen into a deep seroquel induced sleep. Can't remember a single nightmare, but it was not a good night for peaceful sleep.

I'm reading The Power right now. It's the book that follows The Secret. I still haven't figured out how to be realistic and optimistic at the same time. Like, I had nightmares all last night. That's just true. Do I need to pretend that I didn't? Or do I need to make up something silly like, "I'm so grateful for the lack of sleep I got due to nightmares last night?" Oops. Let me try again. "I'm so grateful that my psyche is giving me nightmares so that I can find the courage to deal with my past?"

In a horribly crabby mood. I mean, I love kittens.

I still love kittens. And it's Friday, hooray!

I had coconut oil for breakfast, and I'm drinking an iced Americano. It's so cold in my office that my fingernails are turning blue, so I've got a space heater turned up to 80 in an attempt to compensate.

I am craving high fat food right now. Like literally, right now. Eating my lunch early again, it's my bacon and chicken for my salad. I WISH I had scrambled eggs, too. Next week, I'm axing fruit and yogurt from my breakfast menu and going straight for a breakfast casserole. I don't have time to cook breakfast every AM, but the breakfast casserole keeps well in the fridge, and I can have it sliced up and ready to go--which makes it just as convenient as yogurt and fruit.

Last night, I did kettlebells and then my daughter and I spent about three hours cleaning our bedrooms and bathrooms. I'm always amazed at how much junk we accumulate. I didn't realize that I had kitty litter under my bathroom sink...my kitty died in December , and I thought I'd taken care of all of those items. Anyway, it was very nice to fall asleep in a nice clean bedroom. Really wish I had the funds to hire a housekeeper for just a couple hours a week. I feel so much better when my house is cleaner, but....cleaning house is low on my list of single mom priorities.

More nightmares all night long. I wish I could remember them. The only nightmare I remember from this week is one where I'm in the basement locker room of a huge gym. Many of my nightmares involve me being in a sub level floor and there's usually flooding involved.

BTW, I didn't get on the scale today. Just didn't have it in me to see the number.

My boss took us out for Thai food today, which was good since I had my bacon and chicken for breakfast. I think it was a pretty primal meal--lots of coconut milk, chicken, beef, and vegetables. I skipped the rice and had one potato in a curry.

Here's a glance at my weekend so far:

Friday night: my boyfriend brought me steak and salad and a baked potato before we went out to see a play. I was pretty stressed from work and just had some steak and wine.

Saturday: we made fajitas, and I didn't eat the tortillas. I took my boyfriend to the grocery store and we went up and down every aisle, where I explained what is on and off plan. I also showed him how to read labels. This is going to help him a lot! We also went to a local fruit stand, and I bought grapes, apples, oranges, limes, lemons, avocado, blueberries, raw almonds, and more. Very nice little find. Should be able locally source all my groceries this summer...how cool is that???!!!

Sunday: he made us bacon and eggs for breakfast. For dinner, I had a bacon hamburger, lettuce-wrapped, and some steamed broccoli. He had a cobb salad with grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, etc. We also took my daughter to the zoo, which was three hours of walking around in cold rainy temps...but was still fun. I'm proud of him for not letting me talk him into nachos at the zoo...I was getting really hungry, and I would have gone for zoo food. But he wanted to end his first day on plan. Nice to have someone doing this with me.

Tomorrow, he's bringing me my organic meats, and I'm making dinner. Haven't decided what yet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy Memorial Day! Getting ready to walk to the coffee shop with my daughter for an iced Americano, even though the weather continues to be horrid. My furnace is running today. It's that lovely time of the month, so I'm not getting on the scale until it's done. My goal was to see 139.9 or lower on the scale today, but it's not happening. So, I'm going to set that for my goal at the end of June. See if I can get myself back on track to lose .5 pound per week in June.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast