Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel's May 2011 page 2

RachelZoe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL

I'm using Nutiva, which I got from my locally owned health food store. I haven't experimented with many brands yet, but Ive also read that there's a huge difference in taste between brands. This brand has a pretty neutral taste to it, so I can easily take a tsp of it straight from the jar or cook with it. I've had friends who put coconut oil in their coffee, but I prefer to just eat it off the spoon or use it in cooking. Makes my coffee too oily.

So, I had an interesting night. I fell asleep and then I heard noises and I woke up in a panic that had every single one of my muscles tensed and my heart beating out of my chest. ARGH. Have I mentioned how much I hate nightmares? A total whole body panic attack...HORRIBLE!

I also had a really GREAT dream that I was signing a contract to write a book, and my editor told me that I would get to have MY name and MY picture on the book. I was so happy in my dream. I used to write books but I ghostwrote several of them so I don't have credit for all of my work. Anyway, this morning, as I'm working on scripts for a network marketing convention, I'm dreaming about writing books again. I'm pretty certain right this minute that I want to get back to doing something I love, not just something for money.

On the bleh side of things, my weight was 141.8 this morning. Better than 147 though, right? And I do like eating a whole foods diet. That's more of who I am than a girl who eats low fat crap and counts points from granola bars (although, I have been that girl, too. *sigh*)

I went into a body fat thread on this forum. Pretty sure I'm back in the high twenties of body fat, which makes me kind of mad at myself, but that's what happens when you pretty much quit working out for several months at a time.

I am drinking an Americano and had whole milk yogurt and grapes for breakfast. I also bought a 5 hour energy drink. I don't know that those are a good thing for me, but there are days when I am so exhausted that I feel that I need one.

I have counseling tomorrow. It's good. I need it.

Good morning. I'm having chicken and bacon for breakfast. And an Americano.

Scale bounced down to 140.3 this mornng. That's the lowest I've seen in about a month...my previously low was 140.5. My daughter is telling me that I'm not fat, but I feel like I am definitely a a higher body fat percentage than I like.

To make myself feel safer, I installed home alarms last night. Well, I'm so good at home improvement that one of them fell off, which set it off, which woke me up in a total panic at midnight. So, I had another whole body panic attack when that happened and another one when the girls next door were pounding on the wall with a hammer or something.

In good news, a friend at work told me yesterday that she's lost 50 pounds in a year. I thought that was fabulous and felt reallhy happy when she told me that I'd inspired her to start eating well and working out. She sees me eating healthy every day and decided that if I could do it, as a single mom in her md-forties, that she could do it, too.

Went out for dinner last night. Had steak and a salad, and it was all really good. Weight is 141 this morning...I woke up very bloated with horribly puffy eyelids. My daughter was having a hard time sleeping last night, so she woke me up about midnight when she came to sleep in my room. I'm glad she was able to get back to sleep.

I'm reading The Gift of Fear, as recommended by my psychiatrist. I think it's a good book for everyone to read, especially single women. I'm thinking back to when I was in college and my mom always told me that I had no street smarts. I wish that part of my education had included more tips on how to take care of myself physically and emotionally. I have just now, after being single for eight years, put in an alarm system, fixed the lights in the front of my home, ordered a whistle to wear around my neck, and etc. I think it's so important for women to be proactive about being and feeling safe.

Just a quick update tonight as I'm in rehearsals tomorrow at work. Had a good Primal eating weekend. Enjoyed kobe beef on Friday night and an excellent salmon salad with artichokes and asparagus on Saturday. Made myself a small beef tenderloin dipped in butter for dinner on Saturday night. This morning, I had leftover steak for breakfast and sushi (I know it's not primal) for dinner.

My boyfriend got me stocked up on organic beef, chicken, and bacon for the week. I'm very fortunate that he's got a butcher close by and that he's so generous with me. Next steps will be starting to shop for local produce. I will be helping him plan his menus next week.

Tonight, I got into a mood to deep clean my kitchen, which is rare. I hate to clean. But it was very empowering to rid my kitchen of half opened boxes of gluten free pasta, old gluten free flour, old spices, and bad oils. I feel like I lost some "weight" by simply cleaning out all the ick food.

I made my own dressing to take to work...all the premade dressings I looked at, including Newman's and Amy's and Brianna's, all have soybean oil as the first or second ingredient. I bought a shaker and made my own dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and spices.

On a five minute break from rehearsals. Had my cod liver oil this morning with an Americano. Would love to get to the point of being able to IF by skipping breakfast most mornings. I used to do the whole IF thing back in the day.

I'm irritated with my weight sticking in the 140-142 range. Yesterday it was 140.8 and today it was 141.8. I'm thinking about continuing to weigh daily so that I don't go into denial if I start gaining but to relax about the numbers for now. If I continue to eat primal, I will continue to progress, even if it's slow progress, right?

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    You say you are at rehearsals... can I ask what for? I am a classical singer so the word "rehearsal" perks my ears up

Secret, wish my rehearsal was for something exciting, lol. I'm in marketing for a nutritional supplement firm. Our executives are going to a convention in Bogota in a few weeks. My team and I write scripts and do production (as well as create all kinds of other marketing collateral.) I love being backstage and helping run the show from the back, but they also sometimes dress me up and send me out on stage to be "Vanna"...walking execs to proper place on stage, etc.

Had a great rib eye for dinner, along with a few roasted potatoes, which I roasted in a combo of butter and coconut oil and cayenne pepper. Haven't decided if it's the right thing for me to eat rice and potatoes yet or not...got kind of confused when I started reading about The Perfect Health Diet, which resonated with me like PB. For now, I'm keeping them in at my dinner meal. Desert was blueberries in a little cream.

My boyfriend is practicing this way of eating this week. We live an hour apart, so we don't eat all of our meals together. I was happy when he sent a text to tell me that he was eating steak and grapes for dinner...I don't know when the last time was that he ate a piece of fruit!..he's going to lose just cutting out the corn chips, hamburger helper, the milk duds, and the full sugar drinks. He also noticed that eating a huge lunch from Wendy's (bun, fries, and full sugar drink included) made him feel really fatigued. These are the small steps to progress!!

Good morning. Only took half my seroquel last night and wound up with nightmares...great. Wish I could remember more about this nightmare, but all I really remember is waking up with my heart pounding. So fun. I've been waking up every morning with my eyelids swollen...I have eliminated make up that includes gluten and only wear my contacts on Friday nights, so I really wonder what is causing this to happen.

Bought some yogurt made from almond milk to try...hated it. Also bought an organic orange to see if the taste was better than a regular orange...it tasted awful. So, all that stuff is in the garbage, and my breakfast wound up being a small package of almonds and walnuts and an Americano. I do have my yummy salad lined up for lunch...

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you tried yogurt from coconut milk? Much better than the almond stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast