Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thick Blood page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I did the Vitamin D test for my mom last night and I was really surprised to see how thick her blood is. It didn't ooze easily and it didn't spread much when a drop was placed on the test paper. Is it something we need to be concerned about? She's on statins, takes aspirin and fish oil.

emmie is online now Senior Member

You might want to have her checked by a hematologist because both fish oil and aspirin THIN the blood. For example, before any surgery, you're advise to discontinue both aspirin and/or fish oil because you could bleed too freely.

There are conditions that thicken the blood; they're serious but can be corrected which is why I advise a medical evaluation.

Thanks emmie!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

maba,

I'm also wondering how well-hydrated she is?

Sometimes older people drink coffee or tea instead of water---my mom used to do this all the time :-(

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Maba, statins have shown no benefit for women. Is she on coenzyme Q10 atleast while taking statins?

Kuno, she drinks coffee just once a day. I'll make sure she drinks plenty of water.

Sue, I don't think her cardiologist in India even knows about CoQ10. I was wondering if I should make her take it but wasn't sure if I should do it on my own w/o a doctors prescription.

I've been talking to her for the last few days about the side-effects of statins and she stopped taking them a couple of days ago of her own volition. She's also started taking 5000IU of Vit D. In less than a week, she's seen improvement in her skin, thanks to the coconut oil that I use at home, that she's beginning to believe my dietary recommendation. She eats a high-carb diet (mostly rice and lentils) but atleast she's stopped eating wheat and oats.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

I believe thick blood is a very big problem. This is what causes stroke. I think the only solution is to have massive doses of O3s. Try supplementing to the tune of at least 3-4gms of O3 per day, till the blood becomes better. Does she eat any fish?

I would think that you should get her arterial calcium score. Check Dr. Davis's HeartScanBlog. He also recommends taking Niacine.

Add K2-MK4, and there will be further improvements in the skin. K2-MK4 is also very good for arteries, as it causes calcium to go where it is required, and arteries is not that place. It reduces calcification.

The best would be to add it to something fatty that you eat over a few days. It is best to take K2 multiple times a day, as the serum level depletes very fast, in the order of hours.

I have been taking it two times a day, and I can see a lot of improvement in my skin. Particularly feets, they feel much softer. No more cracks without needing any creams.

Statins should be stopped completely. But convincing the doctor in India would be a tough task. It would probably be easier to change the doctor. If she has been on Statins, adding CoQ10 is probably a must, to fix the damage already done.

You should probably join the Track Your Plaque for her. There you will get the advice and prescription if required.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Ditto on the CoQ10 - most doctors don't seem to know they should advice patients to supplement with this, but really it's a no brainer.

And yes, get her checked out. Both my parents have had strokes and trust me, they do a *lot* of damage. I don't wish that on you or her.

Anand, thanks a million for the information! I showed my mum your response and she's beginning to believe me more than her doctor now! Can I buy CoQ10 just off the shelf and have her take it? I checked Heart Scan Blog and he recommends a minimum of 100mg.

Indiscreet, thank your for your words. I hope your parents are ok now.

Thanks Katie. I'm beginning to lose faith in the physicians here. They parrot the same thing over and over again. I've made an appointment with a naturopath later this week. I hope he can give her better advice than her cardiologist. You are a medical student right? Can I buy CoQ10 just off the shelf and start her on it? Or is there anything else I need to know before giving it to her? Dr. Sears mentions in Fathead that the first thing that he does to patients who are on statins is to make them stop taking it and give them CoQ10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast