Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone ate Half a large Sugar/Flour Cake Last Night page

CoconutMedic is offline Junior Member

Someone ate Half a large Sugar/Flour Cake Last Night

Shop Now
    along with two red apples and two yellow bananas

and besides feeling sluggish the next morning, everything else is running smoothly.

I'm Lucky, I guess. Won't do it again any time soon, but the delicious cake was definitely delicious.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I can't make it through most pieces of cake now without feeling sick halfway through.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I ate more than a half a pound of See's Candy on Mother's Day, and then washed that down with about 5 oreos.

Will I do it again any time soon? Nope.

Did I do it because it was Mother's Day and my two small children are driving me to the brink of a maximum security prison? Yes.

Did it taste good? Absolutely.

Did I suffer *any* deleterious effects? Not a one.

So I'll see your 1/2 cake and raise you oodles of pure glucose.

Love Always,

The Devil

p.s. must add that my sprints were phenomenal yesterday... HAR!

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I ate a slice of cake and 2 cookies today... for no other reason than they were free and laid before me on a large table. I have very little will power when it comes to cake.

I am, however, paying for it now... lets just say that my stomach is not agreeing with what I put in it.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry, fruit is anti-cake.. They canceled one another out!
    I made a birthday cake for my boyfriend last week and ate about a quarter of it. I'll do it again next year, too...

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    Don't worry, fruit is anti-cake.. They canceled one another out!
    I made a birthday cake for my boyfriend last week and ate about a quarter of it. I'll do it again next year, too...
    I did the same thing but at least it was a carrot cake made with almond meal and coconut nectar. The frosting, OTOH, was cream cheese and powdered sugar. I threw it out after a couple of days as I knew I would continue stuffing it in over the next week.

If anyone has to make a cake and they like carrot, this is REALLY GOOD and easy to sub slightly more primal ingredients.

Gluten Free Carrot Cake Recipe | Elana's Pantry

Notch is offline Junior Member
    lol... i am glad i came across this thread!

Last weekend we went out to a all you can eat sushi dinner (at a good sushi joint, so not so scary) I was planning on just eating the fish off whatever came around, but, after seeing a little sign about keeping costs down and not "turning the sushi into sashimi" I ended up eating more rice than I have eaten for 5 months... I saw it as my "20 percent"...

I definitely did notice a change in my sleep that night, as four days into going paleo my sleep changed over from a lifelong struggle to waking up in the same position I went to sleep in! So I tossed and turned a bit and did feel a bit sluggish the next day, but none of my fingers or toes fell off and I was good to go the next evening!

I have the big FIVE-OH comin up in the beginning of june and if I don't jump off a verrrry high building before that, I am going to have a big piece of pizza and a piece of the best damn cannelloni this dago has ever had (Cosetta's in st paul...YUMMM)... and it aint gonna matter one bit!

I LOVE PRIMAL AND WHAT IT HAS DONE TO MY SO CALLED LIFE!! (and will always be indebted to Mark and the blog that finally put me over the edge!)

Mark

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I ate a whole whoopie pie on Mother's Day. It was handmade by one of the best scratch bakers I know who is not me, and the money I spent on it went to support our youth mission teams. It was every bit worth it, and I'll do it again next year!
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

wiltondeportes Guest
    I was feeling pretty killer today when I went grocery shopping. I ate a chocolate bar and a half. Not. Feeling. Good. Right. Now.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    I ate a whole whoopie pie on Mother's Day. It was handmade by one of the best scratch bakers I know who is not me, and the money I spent on it went to support our youth mission teams. It was every bit worth it, and I'll do it again next year!
    I started reading that first line as "I ate a whole wheel of cheese AND pooped in the refrigerator."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast