Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch!

Ouch!

Shop Now
    So, despite all the wonderful successes and healing, my knees are still not happy with me when I walk on uneven ground, and my balance still isn't all that great. Case in point: the past two weeks. Both Saturdays, I managed to wrench my right knee so it bent sideways (two Saturdays ago, it was gopher holes popping up out of nowhere, and the week after it was a skid on gravel), and it's been stiff and sore ever since. I do my best to exercise it, but bending it past a 90-degree angle Just Ain't Happening. And right now I have to be sitting down a lot to write the last draft of my dissertation prospectus, and it stiffens up like whoa ten minutes in.

It's a huge distraction at a time when I can't afford a distraction. Anyone have any ideas for how to make it un-stiff and un-sore ASAP?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Traumeel gel, and arnica. Rest etc.

Arnica gel will help it heal fast. Alternating heat and ice will help get the blood flowing faster.

I have used the book The Knee Crisis Handbook with several clients & the results have been great.

Have you ever tried a strict nightshade free trial? Seems to help many people with joint issues - myself included!

I was going to say heat and ice as well. And perhaps you could consider changing your workstation to a standing one for a bit ... if that's doable?

Sorry about the knees. (hug)

Hubby got this for his knee and it really worked miracles for him.

UltrasoundCure Shop

I've never tried it, but my brother SWEARS by foam rollers. Maybe worth a shot?

Msm?

Shop Now
    Pool therapy. Pretty much just get in a pool and move around. It's super low impact resistance and helps promote good range of motion.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton