Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thighs look like drumsticks! page

Nion is offline Senior Member

My thighs look like drumsticks!

Primal Fuel
    So i am doing strength out 3 times a week (sometimes more or less, depending on what i feel like. )
    But, my problem is - I'm obviously building up muscle faster in my legs than the fat is shedding!
    I actually can't fit into my jeans because the layer of fat on my thighs is making them tighter
    Now my thighs look huge in comparison to my calves - which i take is temporay, but I still feel like bitching!
    Anyway, my point is, how can i even them out? Am i over training my upper legs?

I do bodyweight workouts and try to spilt between upper and lower - although i do hold more weight in my thighs than anywhere else, and i have VERY wide hips (genetic. I don't mind as my waist is tiny in comparison)
    Last edited by Nion; 05-09-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Are you a girl? If so then the thighs (and butt) is where the fat will be moving to.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Yup. I'm wondering what i can do to even out my thighs in comparison to the rest of my legs though.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had your 'problem'. These are likely 'noob gains', they will stop soon, fortunately or unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    I wish I had your 'problem'. These are likely 'noob gains', they will stop soon, fortunately or unfortunately.
    I know it has something to do with my genetics though, maybe it's something i just have to wait out. My entire family on my dad's side gain muscle so easily it's ridiculous.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Note to women: The vast majority of women have a very difficult time putting on muscle. Don't be afraid of weight training as you all-too-often are.

apple is offline Senior Member
    So are you asking how to slow the muscle growth until the fat sheds? Or how to shed the fat faster?

If you're predisposed to build muscle easily, that should work in your favor in the long run! Probably keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll have muscle thighs without the fat.

I totally feel your pain by the way! I have such big thighs in comparison to the rest of my body (aside from my biiig butt, that is). Luckily my fiance is doing a good job of convincing me that model-stick thighs aren't as pretty as mine.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Douglas is offline Junior Member
    Hi Nion,
    Seems like you didn't worked out properly for whole body or leg and only focused on thighs.
    Well my advice is to work on calves and butts now to make your thighs and legs appealing.
    As far as jeans try stretchable jeans.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Squatted calf raises will work the calves. Take a full squat, hams touching the calves if you're able to. Grab a hold of something for balance (pole, table edge, etc), and raise up on your tip-toes while maintaining the squat. If you can do 2 sets of 20, do it on one foot!

norak is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Now my thighs look huge in comparison to my calves - which i take is temporay, but I still feel like bitching!
    Anyway, my point is, how can i even them out? Am i over training my upper legs?
    Start working out your lowr legs/calves (and butt) as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast