Thread: Can't sleep after exercising page

Primal Fuel

Yup the problem is I sleep very poorly for a few days after exercising. Sometimes though I might get good sleep right after an exercise. It's just usually the following days I sleep pretty poorly.

I know it's common that people can't sleep shortly after exercise but for me it's more long period. What could be the problem?

I still have to make sure to eliminate all other factors but I'm pretty sure it's the exercising. Anyways I don't really exercise that often.

The thing is I'm a very poor sleeper and always have been regardless of exercise. Seems like after exercising I sometimes can't sleep at all. I have been looking into melatonin, too bad it's prescription drug here tho.

klcarbaugh Guest

Melatonin is a prescription? Hell, I'd send you some in the mail. Where do you live?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

What kind of exercise are we talking about here?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

klcarbaugd: I live in Finland

PrimalChild: Just some basic weight lifting for about 30min.

Madame P is offline Junior Member

I used to have problems sleeping after exercise back when I engaged in chronic cardio. I'd wake up at 3am, sweating with my heat racing, and found it difficult to return to sleep. But now I do a mixture of walking and yoga and my sleep has returned to normal.

I would think that "basic weight lifting" shouldn't be affecting your sleep if you're physiologically healthy.