Thread: Acne scars? page

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!

Acne scars?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone successfully healed acne scars? Mine aren't very deep or bad but they're these annoying little dots, some red, some just little dents in my skin. I've heard that zinc is good, has anyone everyone ever taken any supplements that helped with this? Or any homemade remedies? Or any foods that aid in this? I've heard lemon juice is good too.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Take a look at Acne.org - Acne treatment and community and their message boards. I think people have tried EVERYTHING (haven't been there in ages, though).

I too have scars, but I've just started to accept the fact that they're there. For years, I kept my hair hanging in front of my face to not let people see it (both acne and scarring), although it's not bad at all. It's noticeable, but not much, and not something that I let myself be bothered by.
    These days, I actually have very short hair (look at my avatar).

Time heals them... your skin will even out, at least somewhat.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    This is what I've found helps me with keeping my skin clear and glowing:

-Avoidance of sugar, bad oils, grains, coffee, dairy (butter is fine), cacao, and unsoaked/unsprouted nuts and seeds.
    -Minimization of honey, maple syrup, and blended fruits
    -Emphasis on coconut products, leafy greens, avocados, and oily fish (especially raw salmon)
    -Plenty of sleep, water, and sunshine

I also recommend that you try drinking green tea on a regular basis, and perhaps drink kombucha tea once or twice a week. I recommend using coconut oil to moisturize. Don't wash your face more than once a day. A kaolin/clay-based cleanser might help, too.

Hope that helps!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe bleaching cream? I work in a dermatology office ...there's not much you can do. You can try the bleaching cream or laser resurfacing.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Maybe bleaching cream? I work in a dermatology office ...there's not much you can do. You can try the bleaching cream or laser resurfacing.
    What's this bleaching cream?
    I was going to do the laser treatment but my dermatologist recommended I not because my scars aren't deep enough for such an invasive treatment. I did a chemical peel she suggested and I got 3 new red blemishes after and it didn't help with anything else...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    This is what I've found helps me with keeping my skin clear and glowing:

-Avoidance of sugar, bad oils, grains, coffee, dairy (butter is fine), cacao, and unsoaked/unsprouted nuts and seeds.
    -Minimization of honey, maple syrup, and blended fruits
    -Emphasis on coconut products, leafy greens, avocados, and oily fish (especially raw salmon)
    -Plenty of sleep, water, and sunshine

I also recommend that you try drinking green tea on a regular basis, and perhaps drink kombucha tea once or twice a week. I recommend using coconut oil to moisturize. Don't wash your face more than once a day. A kaolin/clay-based cleanser might help, too.

Hope that helps!
    OK thanks so much! I drink lots of green tea. I can't buy coconut oil anywhere here I just bought a clay-based face mask. Thanks!

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    thumbs up for coconut oil! If you can buy it over the internet and get it posted to you.

Selena is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    Has anyone successfully healed acne scars? Mine aren't very deep or bad but they're these annoying little dots, some red, some just little dents in my skin. I've heard that zinc is good, has anyone everyone ever taken any supplements that helped with this? Or any homemade remedies? Or any foods that aid in this? I've heard lemon juice is good too.
    Invicible scars seems to work. It contains all the essential elements required for scar healing. However the healing would depend upon the age of your scars. The older the scars are, the longer it would take to heal them. It goes for all the treatments.

Evelyn_65 is offline Junior Member
    I can understand your problem. You know when I had this problem, then I had used almond oil and mostly lemon to massage my dark spots and they effectively worked for my skin. I think your should also try these two things.