Thread: An Awesome Account of Archie's Primal Journey page

Archie Cunningham is offline Junior Member
    Soon to be living permanently in Chichester, West Sussex, England.

An Awesome Account of Archie's Primal Journey

Hello,

I'm glad you're reading this thread. This is going to be a small platform to talk about the last year of my journey in becoming 100% primal, and a more current uptodate account of what kind of life I am now living as a result of living the caveman lifestyle (so to speak).

I'll do my best to give all the info you need, not too much, not too little, and I want to get out soon for a walk as the sun is shining and I haven't been out properly today yet.

Please forgive me if the writing is a little rigid. I'm just finishing my degree and so all form of personality is beaten out you in academia, so this will also be an attempt to reclaim my written voice.

Primal Journey up until now:

The Exciting New Frontier:

-Came across Marksdailyapple.com in April 2010. Loved it.
    -May 2010, bought a copy of the primal blueprint. Super excited.
    -Commenced primal living and eating on a student budget (challenging to say the least).
    -June 2010, already being around 11-12% body fat before starting my primal eating I'd say I was in pretty damn good shape, now a month down the line I'm feeling pretty ripped, super lean, with a greatly improved physique (although its never been that bad anyway).

The Downfall.

-mid June 2010, meet cake baking, distinctly non-primal girl, who quickly becomes my focus for being and down the slippery slope I slide.
    -Less than two months in and I'm back to eating a normal English diet (Traditional American Diet. Size: Small)
    What a legend...not.

So here I am, I know to eat primally, I know grains are bad for me, and here I am, eating toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and Spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. WTF? F"$ing moron!

To cut a long story short, I've failed to eat primally about 6 or 7 times. Thats how many attempts I've made so far in the last year. Having just gone a whole week (just last week) eating some delicious primal meals all week, and I went to a curry house (Englands most popular food) I had a whole naan bread and a bowl of rice with my huge tandorri and a papadom for good measure. Yeah, this is going to be harder than I first thought.

So here, I'm aiming to post a weekly update about my food, my exercise, and anything else related to primal journeying that you guys might get some value/inspiration/learning-from-others-mistakes. All this, whilst making the best effort to appear humble, and virtuous in the process (fail!).

Thanks for Reading,

This is AC, out.

PS In fact as an aside, if anyone who is now fully primal, and has been through a lot of failures, has some input as to what kept them going, and what were the major turning points in becoming primal, I'd be really interested to know your thoughts on this...How many times did it take to become mostly primal?

Archie Cunningham is offline Junior Member
    Soon to be living permanently in Chichester, West Sussex, England.
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crikey, ok this primal thing requires a decent amount of focus when starting over again, especially if you're travelling which i am at the moment. What I'm proposing is now to post a 30 DAY CHALLENGE starting from now, at 1908 on the 21st of May 2011.

The idea first and foremost to avoid poisonous things for 30 days, eating purely primal foods aiming to be at least 80% primal, with a few sensible indulgences along the way.

Money is a means to an end, whereas health relates more closely to quality of life. Last month I implemented the habit of meditating every day, now its on to being primal every day. Exercise wise I'm not so concerned as I'm naturally very active. However nutrition wise is my biggest downfall. I will be posting various metrics later this week, but all I am going to say is that now is as good a time as any to become primal, even with all the distractions of being on holiday.

So here we go again, the first challenge is to find a fully primal meal out in town this evening. I will post all successes up as frequently as possible. I will also be taking pictures of the food I'm eating and posting them, then starting a flikr account to show them.

The one thing I"m focusing on is adherence. No grains, sugars or legumes, focusing on eating plenty of plants and animals.