Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kit's starting again! Here we go! page

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member

Kit's starting again! Here we go!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I am starting a new journal. I had an old one but the quake stopped it dead (no power for 17 days, and other things on my mind....)

I started this journey in late january 2011 at
    5'7" (I don't expect this measurement to change!)
    231.5 pounds (105kg)

I lost initial weight quickly, then 3 weeks into this journey the quake hit, things went to custard.
    I am now 203 pounds (92 kg) and have lost 7" off my waist, 6" off my hips and 5" off my bust.

This is all great BUT I have not moved at all in the last month or so. I seem to have stalled. I am going to try Archivores weight loss plan, 80% from fat, bit protein, 0 carbs.

I have also stopped exercising, i used to walk on the beach twice a day, but I am not doing this at the moment. I need to get back on track. I have the primal exercise plan, but am not doing it. This is my first big step. Start exercising again.

And use the journal to be accountable.

So here we go!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back and good luck!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Tuesday 6.30 am.

Very tired today, not a good start. 5.3 in the night, and none of us could get back to sleep.

Today daughter 19, goes to the hospital, as this is hard to get to because of the cordon and the hospital carpark has been condemned so parking is a nightmare, I am driving to her house, and we are biking the rest of the way (about half an hour by bike each way) so this will do for my exercise today.

Kit

Gosh I'm tired, the cordon made us go a long way around. Lost of exercise undertaken!

Daughter may have PCOS, is to have a scan soon.

Meal 1 avocado tuna and melted butter.

Meal 2 scrambled eggs (4) with bacon.

Today was not a good day, I was exhausted depressed and tired. Not like me at all.

We had another bad night. A 3.9, which is not that bad but it was RIGHT UNDER OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! It was so noisy, the noise was the worst thing, not the noise of everything shacking and rattling in the house but the sound of the ground screaming. I found it hard to go back to sleep, which I am sure did not help today.

Food today, I finished the avocado from yesterday, had a bowl of raspberries and blueberries with cream because i was feeling down, lots of tea and cream, and for tea I had a chicken leg, all the skin from said chicken, peas and swede and carrots mashed with butter.

That seems heaps!

No exercise, I had a nap instead!

Edit: I forgot the sausages.....
    Last edited by Kit Rivers; 05-11-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Thursday.

No quakes at all over night! Got a good nights sleep. Long day at home today, and then school parents evening tonight.

Just a cup of tea to report thus far (with cream of course!)

Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Hi Kit - I found your journal!! Wow, that was a huge weight and measurement loss since January, good for you! Not surprising that it stalled though, no doubt your cortisol is high as well as non-ideal eating patterns for the last few weeks.

Are you definitely doing the archevore weight loss plan? I looked it up again and he says that you still need to get your minimum protein in at .8 - 1g/kilo, so you should be eating 73 - 92g protein, which makes up a max of 368 calories, about 5g carbs which is 20 calories, and the rest from fat. The thing I can't work out is how he can propose percentages without getting into tracking, which he's against as a rule. If I do it, I'll count the protein, only have non-starchy veges and not bother counting them, and be lavish with the fat. I think I'd feel really sick on this (but I'm holding it in reserve in case I get desperate, lol). Anyway, there's no way you got near your protein target the other day (is there??)
    Last edited by Jac; 05-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Kit-I really feel for you with all the earthquakes. We had the big Northridge (California) earthquake in 1994, and the aftershocks drove me batty! I also remember waking up at around 4:30 (the time of the original earthquake) for months afterward, my body just would not let me sleep.

I just recently read that Archevore post, and was thinking about trying it out too. I'm interested to see how it goes for you, best of luck!
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Friday.
    8.10 am. I need to look at the Archivore post again. I am not very good at counting/tracking which is why I went paleo in the first place! What tends to happen is I spend hours trying to find how much is in something (like homemade stock) then overestimate to be on the safe side, then see how many carbs/calories I am eating then panic.

Hubby last night pointed out I may have stalled but basically it seems to be working, and why change something that is going fine, maybe give it a little longer. Another idea is to try the whole 30, and give up cream. Or maybe try IFing I shall give it some thought over the weekend.

Great that you have found me Jac. Good to see you here.

Hi Lucyh, I'm sorry you had to go through the Northridge quake. Its amazing how long the aftershocks go on for, and how draining they are. Before our quakes I knew there were aftershocks but I thought they went on for a week or so, not months and months and months.....
    And everytime your tummy does that wobbly thing, and half of your mind is going 'only an aftershock' and the other half is getting ready for another big one. Have you become paranoid about storing food and water now? I have 100L of water stashed away. (Under the bed, bottom of the airing cupboard, out in the shed, by the scullery sink....lots of places so we can still get at some, even if things have collapsed)

Breakfast. 2 slices bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, fried in butter. have not looked up protein/calories as I have work today, and have to leave in a moment. I only work occasionally, as a relief classroom assistant for a little girl with special needs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast