Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kit's starting again! Here we go! page 3

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i think you did the right thing eating your friend's fare. I would do the same, absolutely. unless you had a severe health issue from it, KWIM?

things get real after natural disasters, don't they?

yeah, I would complain, too, about having o go outside in the cold. what about a chamberpot? you can put a 5 gal bucket with a lid somewhere in the house (away from sleeping areas) and use that, and then dump it in the morning in either toilet? Just a thought anyway. Less need to go far afield to do your business. And besides, it worked for years for people before the advent of the modern toilet -- why not?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Just caught your thread, and I'm hoping things get better!

I do think you have a lot of stress going on, and your sleep is going to be a problem too. That doesn't make it easier, though.

I don't have much to offer, other than try to get some peace and some sleep, and maybe add in some coconut oil to your diet. It is pretty amazing.

{{Hugs}}
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i

what about a chamberpot? you can put a 5 gal bucket with a lid somewhere in the house (away from sleeping areas) and use that, and then dump it in the morning in either toilet? Just a thought anyway. Less need to go far afield to do your business. And besides, it worked for years for people before the advent of the modern toilet -- why not?
    Yes, we have a bucket in the bathroom for night-time wees, but we don't use it for poops. Maybe we need to re-think this as winter sets in.....

Rita-rose. Thank you for your support. Yes things are quite stressful here, and its not going to get better quickly as we head into winter.

But really I do try not to complain as we are all alive, and things could be so much worse.

Lunch, lamb spare ribs, one of may favorites. Yum.

Thursday, my favorite day. I don't have a car so I cannot do any relief teaching, I don't do any school runs, I just get to be home all day. Hubby has the car, and comes home late. Son goes to a friends house after school and hubby picks up on the way home.

Also a friend is coming today. She has an appointment in town, and we are going for a walk on the beach afterwards.

Ugg, who would have thought it was nuts!

I don't often eat nuts, they are quite expensive, so I keep them for treats. I haven't had them in a while. Also my eldest is anaphylactic to nuts and although she no longer lives at home I have to be very careful about storing them etc, so there is no cross contamination etc.

Anyway, I have been eating only meat, fat and eggs for the last 2 days, plus cream in my tea.
    Yesterday I had a small handful of macadamia nuts. Last night I had such bad heartburn I could not sleep. I got up at 4am and dozed sitting up. My tummy is very squiffy as well (such fun with no sewage). This is actually the second time it has happened with nuts. Last time I had eaten many different things and was not sure what to blame.

Ho hum, a nut free life then.

Kit

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    no veggies?

No but only until the end of today. Just trying to get back on the wagon, 3 protein only days. then its the weekend and we are going to have stuffed marrow which is my favorite meal of all time. And berries and cream for desert! Yum.

Breakfast, bacon and eggs fried in butter.

Exercise, cleaning the windows, a job I hate!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast