Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kit's starting again! Here we go! page 2

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is purely anecdotal, but I had a spoonful of coconut oil last night with my dinner of strawberries (I wasn't very hungry), and my weight was down by 3 of the 4 pounds I had gained from a weekend stress-eating binge. Have you tried something small like that? I can make myself crazy with trying to adjust every little thing I eat, but since I feel better overall, I'm thinking I need to keep things generallythe same and not worry so much
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Kit Rivers is offline Senior Member
    I am so much better overall. No Gerd/heartburn symptoms, chirpier, more energy, less brain fog, sleeping better (sleeping period!) that really weight is immaterial. But of course I want it all and would like to be thin too......

I think you are right. I need not to worry so much! I don't actually have any scales anymore, they were in the shed and fell off the shelf, but there is a box of daughters stuff here....including her scales. Maybe I need to get rid of them!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Anecdotal for me too, but I had been plateau'd then started eating coconut milk with my frozen berries instead of cream and later on in the evening when the snack monster hit, a tablespoon or two of creamed coconut. I dropped 2.5 lbs in the last week.

Can it be that Coconut is the miracle food for us?
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't that be great if the solution was that simple? I plan to keep eating that spoonful every night In fact, I need to stop at the store tonight and stock up on coconut milk, I used my last can this morning in the curry I made for lunch.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Yep, Kit, I'd ditch the scales for now. For me, even though I'm a smart woman and I know I'm not defined by a number on a machine, the wrong number (if I've gone up or even stayed the same) is something that pops into my mind over and over again, then I'm planning how to make the number move downwards - usually be being extreme. So I reckon the scales add cortisol to my life, and cortisol prevents weight loss. I noticed the days you posted about being down on yourself it was about calorie numbers, which has to be the same deal, right??

Have a great weekend!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

I'm trying to decide how I feel. We went out last night to some very dear friends, who are vegetarian for religious reasons. These friends got the girls out of the city the night of the quake, because both were in a bad way. They are only 19 and 21, and the eldest was trapped, and the younger one was outside knowing her sister was not out yet. They were both unhurt, (older one got out with the help of people who were trapped with her) but both were badly shocked. I was tied up trying to get my son from school, and although I got to him, we could not get back home in the car, so we abandoned it walked home. Hubby was out of town. I couldn't get to the girls, who had fetched up at the religious centre belonging to these people, which was, by now, inside the cordon.

Our friends got the girls out of the city that night, and then away down to Dunedin the next day. There is nothing, NOTHING, I would not do for them.

Last night we had rice and roast vegis with tempeh. I thought I would be OK with that and I was. I was going to avoid the dessert, but one friend had made icecream and was anxious for us all to taste it, so I did. So I had sugar for the first time since the quake.

I woke in the night, with a mouth like old rubber boots, and I feel very tired this morning (but then I did have a late night....) but other than that I feel OK. I am not, at this point anyway, rushing around trying to eat anything that is not tied down, which I normally would after eating sugar, nor have I any desire to eat more sugar or grains. I am unusually thirsty though.

I am not going to worry about today, just stay primal. Then I will probably try and go very low carb (not zero) next week. This will be protein and fat only with the exception of cream in my tea. And we will see how that goes.

Kit.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    You did the right thing. If you fall off the horse, get right back on
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    You did the right thing. If you fall off the horse, get right back on
    +1
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Ok, skipped a few days here, was busy with real life!

Now I know I said I would never complain....but I am going to, just a little one....

It is cold and I need a poop and I have the choice of the portaloo across the road which I hate, or the outside dunny at the bottom of the garden which is better but OUTSIDE and its COLD!!!!!

Please excuse the toilet talk. We talk about these things in Christchurch. "So what are you using for a toilet? Where do you do your number 2's? Oh, yours are boys, so wees are no problem then." This is normal supermarket checkout chat here!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Trying going protein only today (plus cream in my tea) but I'm not counting anything as that always backfires on me!

My water filter is here as well so I can drink water again, and I have but a bottle in the fridge so i can have ice cold water when i want and hopefully that will cut down on the tea(and therefore cream as well)

Breakfast: Lovely fatty nitrate free bacon. 2 eggs.

I am also going to try not to snack.

This is all because I have stalled in weight loss. Everything else is great, I feel happy and energetic, no GERD symptoms etc etc, but I really would like to lose a little more weight (I am about 195 pounds at the moment, 5'7")

If this doesn't work I'm going to have to ditch the cream.....aaaggghhhhh.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast