Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KitchenAid Mixer....primal suggestions anyone? page 2

AmyKickass is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like using mine to make egg-based dishes. I like getting the extra air into the mix, feels like it makes my (crust-free) quiches much fluffier. Just beware that it will abuse tomatoes, have to add them after the mixing.
    Peace. Love. Steak.

lars1000 is offline Member
    Bumping up this old thread.. Am thinking of getting rid of my Kitchenaid, as I primarily used it for making Pizza Dough.
    I have a separate meat grinder, so don't need it for that. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Lars1000

onalark is offline Senior Member
    We actually got the meat grinder attachment, and it sucks. So sad.

The only time I bust out my Kitchenaid anymore it seems is when I get a request for non-paleo foodstuffs. Other than that, my sous vide machine is seeing waaaaay more action.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    About the only time I ever use it is for the grinder attachment. I'm sure you could use it to make herb butters, or whipped heaven. It would probably help with valentino brownies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Souffle. Easier to make than you think, endlessly variable, flippin' delicious. Don't think I'd endeavor to make without the KA though.

And yes, I'll make the occasional non-Primal item and it's very handy for doughs.

lars1000 is offline Member
    thanks all.. very good suggestions..
    whipped heaven sounds very good.. found the recipe on this forum.

Will come in handy the next time I make a prime rib roast.. with horseradish cream, recipe from the Ad Hoc cook book. Basically whipped cream with horseradish.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    We actually got the meat grinder attachment, and it sucks. So sad.
    Really? I have the grinder attachment and I think it works pretty well. I make sure to freeze it well beforehand and i also freeze the meat for a few minutes before grinding.

The sausage stuffer attachment on the other hand... I'll just say it's terrible.

Enokai is offline Junior Member
    I make ice cream (with the ice cream bowl)
    I use it to whip things, such as chocolate mousse made with avocado base.
    and I just made a pumpkin bake with it, which I hope turns out epic. Its currently baking.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Really? I have the grinder attachment and I think it works pretty well. I make sure to freeze it well beforehand and i also freeze the meat for a few minutes before grinding.

The sausage stuffer attachment on the other hand... I'll just say it's terrible.
    I made five pounds of breakfast sausage last Christmas, and it took two hours to grind and left me with a sore arm from having to constantly mash, mash, mash things down.

I also partly froze the mix and the pieces. Didn't matter. Too much smear and way too much effort. I'm planning on working a little overtime in the next few weeks so I can afford a dedicated grinder and have it in time for making sausages for the family for Christmas. :3

After all, who doesn't want a little sausage stuffed in their stocking?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I also partly froze the mix and the pieces. Didn't matter. Too much smear and way too much effort. I'm planning on working a little overtime in the next few weeks so I can afford a dedicated grinder and have it in time for making sausages for the family for Christmas. :3
    Awesome. I am sure a dedicated grinder would work better. I at least want a dedicated stuffer. I really like the link sausage I made, but it was waaaay too much work. The meat would barely feed through. I kept pushing with the masher and all it did was create a vacuum so that when I pulled back to push again, it just pulled out the meat out with it. Ugh. I still have nightmares, hahaha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast