Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Family Primal-Where Primal is a Family Affair page 3

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    We were dealing with heat here too. My 12 year old was a pill for days and I finally realized it was the heat and humidity. Yesterday it broke and was a beautiful, breezy day in the high 70's and she was back to being a delight

We're on a budget too. Grass fed meat is a treat but it can't be a daily thing. There's another thread somewhere about that too, but there's a number of us doing "good enough" instead of perfect

Congrats on the pants!

The heat probably is a factor, I don't think he is sleeping well. PLus we got off our schedule and routine when we moved. I wish it would cool down for a couple days but no hope of that! Ahhh! Enjoy your 70's, I am jealous.

Today was another fine primal day. Everyone was good with the exception of my husband having some mashed potatoes again, leftovers from last night.

My husband said that he had a couple people at work notice his weight loss

Food today....

B- everyone had something different-hard boiled eggs, egg sqaures, scrambled eggs with ham and bacon, crepe with peanut butter (we still eat that)

L-again different things-mashed potatoes with beefy gravy full of chunks of minute little steak particals, tuna salad stuffed in half a green pepper and water melon, cabbage stir fry with cut up pork chop

S- I had some dark chocolate and hard boiled eggs, the kids had various things

D- korean lettuce wraps (my son claimed he would hate them, I had to fight him away from the food)

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoCurious View Post
    ...crepe with peanut butter...
    Ooh, yeah, I'm going to have to try that, but with almond butter and coconut oil mixed together instead of the peanut butter. Maybe some shaved chocolate on top. Mmm....
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I used the questionably primal recipe for tapioca crepes.

1 cup tapioca flour
    1 cup coconut or regular milk
    1 egg

mix and cook like a normal crepe. Weird and rubbery but they were a hit with the kids.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to try it. I wonder how it would work with coconut flour, though...

Off to do research!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Converstaion over dinner....

Son: "When I get a job I am going to buy lots of wheat" (wheat being his term for anything non-primal)
    Me: "Why would you do that?"
    Son: "All I am going to eat is wheat, I like it"
    Daughter "I am going to stay primal"
    Me: "Why?"
    Daughter: "I want my eczema to go away and I need to be strong on bounties" (she dreams of being a bond enforcement agent)
    Son: "Well I will just eat wheat on Sunday. Maybe Monday too"
    Daughter: "What about the rest of the week"
    Son: "I will be primal the rest of the week in case you need me to go on a bounty with you"

LOL

Ahhhhh I wrote a whole paragraph about trying to slay my one vice and accidently deleted it. Grrr! Basically I was confessing that last year I had given up diet coke. It slowly creeped back into my life and now I am using it way too often. I need to quit the poison again! I have never smoked or done drugs and I have only twice drank enough to be tipsy. Caffeine and cake were always my drug of choice. I have the cake under control, now the next demon must be slain! *again*

I was really not hungry for most of the day. I did not eat anything until maybe 4pm when I grabbed a couple hard boiled eggs. Everyone else had a brunch of pork loin I put in the slow cooker over night. Dinner was a small beef roast cooked with carrots and onions and green beans. We all had custom smoothies for dessert.

Tonight my son and I did some planks.

Today I put on a pair of capris that I had not been able to wear in a long time because they were too tight and unflatering. I dug them out today thinking they would probably fit ok but not great. WRONG, they are almost too big. I am losing a lot inch wise even if I do not see the pounds on the scale like my husband.

Is there something about eating this way that makes people want to do feats of strength? Ha ha! I have been having the urge to do things just to see if I can do them. Things like last nights planks. I use to struggle with them but I did a few minutes worth and made it a competition with my son (I won). For me that is a great feat of strength. If it was not so dang hot I would be outside carrying heavy things or something. I am heat sensitive though so I won't be doing that now.

Today's eating was all over the place with different people eating different things but for the most part it looked like this: ps...we are almost out of food so things are a bit weird

B: eggs with butter
    L:curry beef chunks (I had mine with some leftover veggies) or whatever else you could dig up from the fridge
    S: water melon, eggs, the kids finished some contraband crackers from the pantry with peanut butter on them
    D: flank steak and salad
    S: we will have smoothies

Probably in need of more veggies but what can you do when the grocery money runs out. Thursday I will shop. I am very scared though. I have 125.00 a week to feed four of us. I don't know how I will do it but I have read some good tips and I am going to give it a go.

Well I just noticed the dog chewed up one of my church shoes. I hate shoes but dang I need them not to be chewed up for when I need to wear them. She chewed up one of my vintage purses a couple nights ago. I don't know how she decided she needed to stick her face into a packed box and take it to chew up. She is not on my good list right now. Time to go speak to the puppy about this issue

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Long time no post. Ok it has only been a couple of days.

Yesterday was our eat whatever the heck we want day. Every once in awhile it is good to remember why you are doing this. I remember now. Pastries, pizza and chinese food all in one day. Not good. I had stomache pain so bad. It was awful. Never again! I was also dehydrated from it being so hot and not drinking enough. Yeah I was just stupid. Dumb and stupid.

Back in the saddle today.

Breakfast-bacon and eggs
    lunch-I just had a snack of a peach, cheese and 2 eggs, kids had leftovers, husband had salad with meat and cheese
    dinner-roast chicken, sweet potato, broccoli

I roasted two chickens in my roaster oven out on the porch. Before they were done I tossed the sweet potatoes in whole to bake. I also have lard rendering out there in the crock pot.
    Last edited by PaleoCurious; 06-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast