Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jump ropes-anyone use them? page

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member

Jump ropes-anyone use them?

Shop Now
    Does anyone do jump rope exercises? I picked one up cheap to play with the kids but was thinking of all the boxer workouts I've seen and thought I'd start incorporating it in my workouts. Not sure if it counts as moving slowly but...

If you use them, what workouts do you do?
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Ropes are great. Not exactly moving slowly, though. Better for intervals. Good training for barefoot running, as it's pretty hard to jump rope with poor posture.

Gordo

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I need something to break up the walks and slow jogs. Thanks Gordo!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Invictus14 is offline Member
    You can use it between sets if you work out at a gym to keep your heart rate up. Double unders are a good jump rope work out too.
    "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Definitely not for moving slowly. I use mine for intervals. You can really get your HR up.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Grok wouldn't have had a jump rope so I don't ever use them.

I kid. They are great, I jump rope often in my warmups, I should incorporate them into a HIT.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Me!Me!ME! Not in a workout sense, but in a play sense. My church has a lot of little girls from the Virgin Islands and we jump rope on Sundays to all these rhymes. I've got some mad speed when trying to button buttons down Miss Mary Macks Back lol.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    If I can't get to the gym or I'm in a hurry, I just set my BIG DISPLAY digital kitchen timer on 20:00 and do jump-rope intervals (1 minute jumping; 1/2 minute to wipe sweat off my face) till it runs out.

This is the jump-rope I have: Amazon.com: Buddy Lee's Rope Master Jump Rope: Sports & Outdoors
    I like the swivel at the handles that keep it from tangling up.

sarah k. is offline Member
    I love my jump rope. I feel like I can get so much done in so little time, with some interval "skipping", as my favorite workout guru calls it. It's portable, you don't need to worry about finding a place to run, you can do it barefoot. I follow BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv and she incorporates skipping every so often.

jimdunk is offline Junior Member
    I like to jump rope. It's a remnant from an old boxing routine I did years ago with heavy bag and speed bag. I know longer have access to the bags, but the rope remains a staple. I usually use the old boxing procedure 3 minutes of jumping (the round) and 1 minute of rest. I usually go 5 to 7 rounds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast