Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-day team building event - how do I stay primal page

Silky is offline Senior Member

2-day team building event - how do I stay primal

Shop Now
    Hi I have a 2 day team building event that i need to attend next week.

We were asked a month ago about dietary requirements. The only thing I put was 'no goat's cheese or milk because I am allergic' and i requested wheat free options if possible as wheat for every meal doesn't agree with me.

However I wasn't primal then so there is still the strong possibility they will provide carby food.

We're staying in a hotel so i think breakfast should be fine e.g. Eggs and bacon. It's lunch and dinner i am concerned about.

I know some of the team build is outdoors so I think i might take some snacks with me to keep me going. Maybe some nuts and apples and carrot sticks. What do you recommend?

I think it's a bit early in my journey to do do fasting so don't want to have that as my main strategy. Also I see lots of people talk about jerky as a portable snack but it isn't a common item here in the UK. I wouldn't even know where to start to get that.

What do you do when you have to go away for work?
    Last edited by Silky; 05-08-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Typo
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

dado Guest
    Just don't eat bread, Silky. If you can avoid any bread, then this is a huge victory. Two days is not a long time.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Just don't eat bread, Silky. If you can avoid any bread, then this is a huge victory. Two days is not a long time.
    Yeah..other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    In these situations I just eat whatever I have to and get back on the wagon later - try to avoid bread and a bunch of sugar, and bringing all of your own food might go against the whole corporate "team building" ethos anyhow.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

rayout is offline Senior Member
    48 hour fast? Or just gorge on breakfast? I plan to do the latter when I attend a 3 day convention this October.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    2nd gorging on breakfast. My guess is you'll likely have more options at dinner but lunch at these things is usually pretty lacking in choice. Eat a nice big breakfast then if there's nothing to eat at lunch, you won't miss it. Maybe have some nuts or something on hand in case you can't get all the way to dinner.

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Could you take a small cooler with ice packs then put in some sliced/cured meats? Veggies you can eat raw like carrots/salad things etc. Morrisons and Sainsburys do little Kabonas sausages that I take as snacks if food may be an issue. They are with the sliced meats in the fridge section.

Also... remember that starchy tubers are primal foods!

Kaeferin is offline Member
    Take a couple of cans of tuna in oil with you - works great in a pinch. If you have some almond butter or similar around, take that two. I just did a weekend away for rehearsals with no fridge and no-choice catering. Got by just fine. There's more in my journal (see signature).

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

I managed to speak to the organiser today and there isn't a packed lunch (which is what I was worried about as it would probably be sandwich based). All the meals are buffet style in the hotel (no set menu - yay!) and there is a salad bar as well at lunch and dinner so I think I'm going to be fine.

Will take some nuts, vegy sticks and canned fish and keep in my room just incase of emergencies.

Will just have to avoid all the sweets and biscuits that will be out as my team are sugar fiends!

Oh and bonus today, I arrived at work and a couple of people said how well I looked. Result! It's only been a week
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Kaeferin is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments.
    Oh and bonus today, I arrived at work and a couple of people said how well I looked. Result! It's only been a week
    Nice bonus

Buffet and Salad is about the best you can get in that situation. I have a weekend work thing coming up in August, which I am dreading. Not that we'll be out playing games in the wilderness or anything, but they're doing at least on health/fitness, and it's going to be about nutrition. Joy oh joy, I can guess what's coming up there... I'll probably just keep my mouth shut about the stupidity of CW, but I'm already predicting everyone checking out everyone else's food choices for the whole weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast