Thread: Great results for my first week. page

Silky is offline Senior Member

Great results for my first week.

Hi, today is the last day of my first week of primal eating and exercise and I've lost 6.5lbs! And bonus I feel a lot less bloated than before.

I started at 183 and am 5'3. I want to reduce by 50lb

What is really great is that i am currently taking prednisolone (a variant of prednisone, which is a steroid) and kind of the anti-primal drug. It makes you hungry, gain fat, change fat distribution to apple type and break down muscle and bone tissue). I've gained 3 stone due to taking pred over the last few years. The fact that I have seen results like this is really encouraging as before I was really struggling to keep the weight gain under control.

I did my first lift heavy things test yesterday and was shocked at how little i could do. I couldn't do a single press-up, dive-bomber, or pull up. So the only way is up from here! My goal now is to do 1 full pull-up and 5 full press-ups. I'll let you know when i can do that.

At then moment I am not counting anything, calories, carbs, fat etc as I don't want to get into the obsessive diet mindset. If my progess stalls I'll look more closely, but for now I am just making healthy choices. I have been photographing everything I eat on my mobile phone and uploading it to a blog so i have a photographic record and I'm finding this is bringing consciousness to the choices I make.

Anyway great to mee you all. I look forward to sharing more successes with you all.
    Last edited by Silky; 05-08-2011 at 05:39 AM.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Hi Silky! You're off to a great start.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks

I've worked out how i add my blog to my signature now.

I know it looks like I drink a lot of tea, but i have cut down from about 10 cups a day so that is a good thing. I'm British and I (used to) shock other British people with how much tea I drank. This week I have shocked them by turning down several offers of tea. I'm also not logging water as I sip water throughout the day.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.