Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 day fast page

JesseCat is offline Junior Member

4 day fast

I've been IFing pretty much every day for 24 hours for the past few weeks, and wanted to take it up a notch and fast for 4 days. What is there to expect? Do any of you recommend it? What is the longest any of you have ever fasted for? Input would be greatly appreciated!

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    I fasted yesterday for 24-30 hours. I once did a 40 hour one. I don't like longer extended periods...

I'm following a 16/8... on occasion I do a 20-24 hour fast. Beyond that point I don't see much in the way of benefits unless we're talking about bragging rights.

I have a lot of time to not eat when I'm dead.

citiusaltiusfortius is offline Junior Member
    i definitely think you should do it. I haven't made it that far but I do believe the body heals its self once you start going beyond the 24 hour window. I noticed a lot of improvement just from a 45 hour fast. I believe it helps injuries heal faster and helps muscles rebuild as well. After I did my near 2 day fast I was able to pop out 20 strict pullups finally. I even did the human flag yesterday :P
    I might be supersticious(sp?) but I think it was cause of fasting increases the HGH.

dado Guest
    If you've been IFing every day for 24 hours for the past few weeks, that's like, a 400 hour fast.

You can handle 40 easily.

citiusaltiusfortius is offline Junior Member
    oh and another thing I really like about fasting is it breaks that tie to food. You truely realize when your hungry and you don't have that addiction to food anymore. It's also alot less stressful by not having to think of what the hell your going to eat for the next meal cause sometimes for me its so hard to think of the right food I have to eat to stay lean, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    If you've been IFing every day for 24 hours for the past few weeks, that's like, a 400 hour fast.

You can handle 40 easily.
    Lol, what I meant was I've been eating once every 24 hours. Guess I should have worded that more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by citiusaltiusfortius View Post
    i definitely think you should do it. I haven't made it that far but I do believe the body heals its self once you start going beyond the 24 hour window. I noticed a lot of improvement just from a 45 hour fast. I believe it helps injuries heal faster and helps muscles rebuild as well. After I did my near 2 day fast I was able to pop out 20 strict pullups finally. I even did the human flag yesterday :P
    I might be supersticious(sp?) but I think it was cause of fasting increases the HGH.
    Thank you for a real response. I don't know why some people are snarky in their replies, and after seeing some of the responses to the"Do you eat bread" thread I'm beginning to not like the atmosphere in this community.
    But I was genuinely curious as to whether or not fasting for a few days would have any benefits. I'm still going to go through with it though. At the end of 24 hour fasts I feel like I can keep going, so that's what I'm going to do.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I would definitely go 40-44 hours, but I wouldn't go 4 days because of muscle loss.

Have you read these threads, yet? I think you would find the third one very helpful.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28459.html
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29011.html

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I have a lot of time to not eat when I'm dead.
    LOL! Me, too!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Personally, I would definitely go 40-44 hours, but I wouldn't go 4 days because of muscle loss.
    Muscle loss will not happen in any appreciable amount if you keep moderately active (walking, carrying things, etc). Activity signals the body to spare lean tissue and use adipose tissue. I did a water fast for 8 days and had no losses at the gym afterwards. People tend to think of the fasting religious ascetic (or David Blaine when he did that fasting stunt) who does nothing but sit and meditate during his fast. In that case, definitely some wasting will occur.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast